Yemeni Army, Popular Forces Seize US-Made Arms in Ma’rib, Continue to Advance in Najran
The Yemeni forces seized a weapons depot of the Saudi-led forces in Ma’rib province which was packed with the US-made arms and dispatched from Saudi Arabia to the Yemeni province.
The Yemeni army and Ansarullah fighters also seized the military positions of the Saudi army in Najran province.
Score of pro-Saudi forces were killed and wounded in fierce clashes with the Yemeni army and Ansarullah fighters in the region.
On Wednesday, the Yemeni army and popular forces repelled an attack by the forces loyal to the former fugitive President Mansour Hadi on their military positions in the Western part of Ta’iz province, inflicting heavy losses on them in a counteroffensive.
The pro-Hadi militias attacked the Yemeni military positions in Zobab region in Western Ta’iz, but they were pushed back by the army and popular forces.
Several militias were killed and wounded in the Yemeni forces’ counteroffensive.
The Yemeni forces also destroyed several armored and military vehicles of the Saudi forces in the army counter-offensive.
Also on Wednesday, the Yemeni army continued its advances against the Saudi-led forces in the Southern parts of the kingdom, battlefield commanders disclosed, adding that more lands in Jizan and Najran provinces have been seized in recent days.
“Yemen’s special forces backed by tribal forces have taken full control of the all Saudi military positions in Najran’s border region,” Senior Ansarullah Commander Ali al-Hamzdani told FNA.
He reiterated that the Saudi forces fled their military positions as the Yemeni forces continued their advances in Najran and Jizan provinces.
“Fierce clashes are currently underway between Yemeni and Saudi forces in Assir and Jizan provinces,” al-Hamzdani added.
On Tuesday, the Yemeni army and popular forces hit a strategic military base of the Saudi-led forces in Ma’rib province with their ballistic missile, inflicting heavy losses on them.
Al-Falaj military base located in Ma’rib province in Western Yemen was hit by Yemen’s Zalzal 3 missile.
Early reports indicated large casualties on the pro-Saudi forces in the missile attack. The Saudi army and its coalition members have lost, at least, over a hundred troops each time they have come under a ballistic missile attack by Yemen.
The Yemeni attack came in retaliation for Saudi Arabia’s continued violation of ceasefire across Yemen, killing a large number of civilians.
Also last week, a Qaher-I ballistic missile hit Saudi Arabia’s Khamis Mushait military base, destroying their military hardware and equipment.
The Saudi-led forces’ armored vehicles were destroyed during the Yemeni missile attack.
Also in mid-August, the Yemeni army missiles pounded the Saudi troops’ military positions in the kingdom’s Southwestern provinces, while Ansarullah fighters fended off the Saudi forces’ attacks in border regions in Northern Yemen.
“The Saudi military centers in Najran and Jizan provinces came under the Yemeni army’s missile attacks today,” Ansarullah Commander Abdullah al-Zeidi told FNA.
He also noted that the Yemeni forces repelled the Saudi army attacks on their military positions in border areas near Jizan and Najran provinces, and said, “The Yemeni army and popular forces fired tens of mortar rounds at al-Tala’a and al-Shabaka military sites in the Southern parts of Saudi Arabia.”
Al-Zeidi also said that Saudi Arabia’s newly-established site in al-Khoba of Jizan province also came under Yemen’s missile attack, killing and wounding several Saudi troops.