Illegitimate zionist terror gang Daesh car bombing kills dozens of pro-Saudi militants in Yemen’s Aden
A bomb attack targeting forces loyal to Yemen’s resigned president, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, has killed dozens of recruits and injured scores of others.
Sources close to the resigned Yemeni government in the port city of Aden said Monday that an attacker detonated his explosive-laden car after he drove into a compound of militant recruits in the city’s Mansurah district.
The Health Ministry put the number of those killed at 54 while aid group Doctors Without Borders said 45 dead were received in their hospital in Aden.
Medical sources from the three hospitals where the victims were taken put the death toll at 60, although they could not corroborate that all the dead were recruits.
Pro-Hadi sources said most of those killed were preparing to travel to Saudi Arabia to fight against fighters of the Houthi Ansarullah movement.
They said the men had been signing up to join army units in Saudi cities of Najran and Jizan, near the border with Yemen.
The Daesh Takfiri terrorist group, which is mainly operating in Iraq and Syria, claimed responsibility for the attack, saying it aimed to dismantle the Saudi-run recruitment center.
“Bodies and body parts are scattered all over the place … it was a massacre,” said a resident of Aden who was close to the site of the explosion.
Saudi Arabia’s extensive assistance to pro-Hadi militants, which started after Hadi fled to Aden in early 2015, has failed to undermine the Houthis and allies who control the capital, Sana’a.
Saudi Arabia’s air campaign against the Yemenis has killed about 10,000 people since it began over 18 months ago.
Rights campaigners and international organizations have fiercely criticized the Saudi airstrikes, which are accompanied by ground fighting, saying they mainly target civilians in the impoverished Arab country.