Military Source Discloses Riyadh’s New Plot to Open Numerous Fronts in Syria
According to the source, the terrorists’ preparedness to start the battle in Hama is part of a scheme by Saudi Arabia to fight against the Syrian army in the Northern and Eastern parts of Syria alongside the Turkey-sponsored and US-supported militants.
“Weapons and military equipment have been piled up in al-Zara and Aqirabat villages and the terrorist groups intend to attack a number of regions in Hama with suicide cars,” the source told FNA on Thursday.
He said the city of Masyaf will be ruined if the militants’ offensive expands.
Commander of the Russian Reconciliation Center in Syria said on Monday that US-backed militants have not separated from terrorists, but united with Fatah al-Sham Front terrorist group (formerly known as the al-Nusra Front) and are preparing for major offensives in Aleppo and Hama provinces.
“Militants have taken advantage of the ceasefire observed by the Syrian army and currently are preparing to carry out offensives in Aleppo and Hama provinces,” the chief of the Russian Reconciliation Center in Syria, Lt. Gen. Vladimir Savchenko said.
Vladimir Savchenko told Sputnik that in the provinces of Aleppo and Hama, militant groups “used the ceasefire to regroup, get more ammunition and prepare for an offensive to capture more territories, while the Syrian troops have ceased combat operations”.
Earlier on Monday, the Russian Defense Ministry Spokesman Igor Konashenkov also warned that militants have used the ceasefire to mobilize for a large-scale offensive in Aleppo, while the ceasefire regime in Syria is being observed by only government troops.