Syria: 120 Terrorists Transferred from Al-Wa’ar to Northern Homs with Families
Tallal al-Barazi, the governor-general of Homs, said that negotiations have been held between the two Syrian sides without any foreign interference to reach an agreement for reestablishment of security and stability in different regions.
He added that non-participation of the UN representative in the reconciliation plans and supporting the Syrian-Syrian talks is unconstructive and surprising.
Sources in al-Wa’ar district in Homs province announced on Monday that the evacuation of militants from the region was delayed after the UN representative did not show up for the final transfer.
News websites affiliated to the terrorist groups quoted sources as saying that the main reason behind the delay in the evacuation of the first group of militants from al-Wa’ar was that the UN representative didn’t appear at the agreed site where two buses were waiting to transfer the militants, under the pretext that the road linking Homs to Idlib is insecure.
The militants who were prepared to be transferred to Idlib were then told to return to their homes, the sources added.
The Syrian army and well-known tribal leaders in al-Wa’ar district early this month reached an agreement to evacuate the terrorists and their families from the region.
Al-Barazi confirmed earlier this month that the reconciliation process in the district of al-Wa’ar was underway based on which tens of injured terrorists were to leave the district soon.
“It is expected that 250 to 300 terrorists, alongside their families, leave al-Wa’ar for Idlib province,” al-Barazi was quoted as saying by the Arabic-language al-Watan al-Souri daily.
“Most of these militants have been wounded seriously in clashes with the Syrian army and their treatment is not possible in al-Wa’ar,” he further added.
“The Syrian government is determined to include the rest of al-Wa’ar’s militants to the nationwide reconciliation plan,” al-Barazi underlined.