Yemeni forces hit several zionist Saudi bases with rockets
Yemeni army soldiers, backed by fighters from allied Popular Committees, have struck a number of military bases in Saudi Arabia’s border region of Jizan in retaliation against incessant airstrikes.
They launched a number of artillery rounds at a base in the mountainous Jebel al-Dukhan area on Wednesday evening, setting several military vehicles ablaze and destroying support and communications equipment, al-Masirah television network reported.
Yemenis also targeted a gathering of Saudi troops in al-Khojarah district of Jizan, located 967 kilometers (601 miles) southwest of the Saudi Arabia capital Riyadh.
Separately, Yemeni soldiers and their allies fired a locally-developed al-Sarkha 3 (Shriek 3) missile at al-Madrasah village in al-Khoubah area of Jizan, leaving a number of Saudi soldiers dead and injured.
Early on Thursday, two Katyusha rockets were launched at a gathering of militiamen loyal to resigned president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi in al-Wazi’iyah district of Yemen’s southwestern province of Ta’izz.
An unspecified number of Saudi-backed militiamen were reportedly killed and injured in the attack.
Yemen has been under Saudi military strikes since late March 2015. The war was launched in a bid to reinstate Hadi, who has stepped down as president but is now seeking to grab power by force.
The United Nations puts the death toll from the military aggression at about 10,000. The United Nations children’s agency, UNICEF, announced on Tuesday that violence has left over two million children out of school in Yemen.
UNICEF’s representative to Yemen Julien Harneis said 350,000 children got no education last year amid the deadly violence, which led to the closure of many schools across Yemen.
“Children were killed on their way to school or while at school,” Harneis said. “Parties to the conflict should keep children and schools out of harm to give education a chance.”