Syrian Army captures 7 villages in northern Hama
The Syrian Armed Forces have captured 7 villages and several hilltops in the northern Hama countryside today, taking advantage of the infighting between the jihadist rebel factions in southern Idlib.
According to a military source in northern Hama, the Syrian Armed Forces managed to capture the following villages from the jihadist rebels of Jund Al-Aqsa (Syrian Al-Qaeda group):
- Ras Al-‘Ayn
- Tal Assoud
Following the capture of these villages, the Syrian Armed Forces turned their attention to the key town of Karah, where they were confronted by a large contingent of jihadist rebels.
The Syrian Armed Forces attacking northern Hama today are comprised of several units, including the following:
- Shaheen Group of the Tiger Forces
- 555th Regiment of the 4th Mechanized Division
- 47th Regiment of the 11th Tank Division
- 87th Brigade of the 11th Tank Division
- Syrian Social Nationalist Party (SSNP)
- National Defense Forces (NDF) – Masyaf and Suqaylabiyah divisions
- Syrian Air Force Intelligence
- Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) advisors