Iran: Participating in Mosul Liberation Requires Baghdad Permission
Iranian Foreign ministry spokesperson has told a press conference fighting terrorism should not provide pretexts to violate territorial integrity of a country.
Mr. Bahram Ghasemi told reporters on Monday that in Mosul liberation, no country should participate without permissions of the Iraqi government. He was responding to Turkey’s insistence that its forces should participate in the liberation anyway. “This is totally unacceptable that a third country violates territorial integrity of a certain country in the pretext of fighting terrorism,” he emphasized.
On EU and Iran human rights talks, Ghasemi believed that both sides had different and somehow conflicting interpretations of the rights; “however, talks with the EU will continue and we will have an eager ear for their concerns and interpretations; difference of positions is historical as well as natural, while we have had a long history of diplomatic relations with the EU, and it will continue in the future, since Iran provides inherent capacities for trade for the EU; the upcoming meeting will be in Brussels in December where deputy-levels to which Iran will actively contribute,” he told reporters.
“Iran’s view of human rights would provide challenges to the EU countries in understanding level, with EU’s peculiar interpretation posing similar challenges to us,” he added.
On recent UNESCO recognizing the Quds and its monuments as totally belonging to the Arab world and Islamic civilization, Ghasemi hailed the decision as a positive decision where Palestinians had received a modicum of their recognition long overdue in terms of cultural rights; “however, the Islamic world had not lavished due attention to the issue of Quds where the Zionists had succeeded in dominating the public mentality of the Arab rulers; we hope there will be an awakening in the Arab rulers to see the common threat and enemy in the light of the recent events in the Middle East,” he told the press.
On possible summoning of Turkish ambassador, Ghasemi confirmed that he had been frequently present in the Foreign Ministry, however, to answer some questions on Syria, Iraq, Persian Gulf, etc.
On Canadian détente, he told reporters that the détente had been underway, with both sides discussing in detail the remaining issues; “the first issue is opening Interests Sections in both capitals so that the consular services would be provided to nationals of both sides; other steps to improve ties should follow this important issue,” he added.
On possible visa-free travels to Russia and Iran, Ghasemi provided no definite answer as to when such agreement between Iran and Russia would be implemented; “both countries are willing to bring ease to travels, and we hope that more effective steps are taken so that to finally cancel the mandatory visa; however, it is unlikely that in short run visa will no longer be necessary to visit both countries,” Ghasemi told the press.
Ghasemi welcomed Lebanese situation where political groups have come nearer, in efforts to choose a president, to Hezbollah-approved nomination as felicitous event which would guarantee the national sovereignty of the country; “national solidarity, security, and unity of Lebanon is crucial to the security of the region. This is important that Lebanese political groups come to a consort and it definitely will communicate positive messages to the world; we hope to see the ultimate event as stability of the country,” he emphasized.
On speculations that Iran and Russia should abandon Assad, Ghasemi roundly rejected the statement as inaccurate; “this is totally unacceptable since Iran has been sending military advisers to Syria by official requests of the Assad government, and no other third country would deny such rights to us; a legitimate request should be made by us for these countries not to allow terrorists influx to Syria from European countries, curb supports for them and prevent mass murder of innocent civilians in Syria by these beasts,” he responded.
On Yemeni crisis, Foreign Ministry spokesperson believed that the situation in Yemen was no longer any simple and straightforward as it would be thought before; “we supported and welcomed ceasefire as long as it brought an end to active battle and a prolonged conditions of relative peace where humanitarian aid could be distributed to the affected people; however, Saudis broke the ceasefire and it seems no solution is to be seen in the horizon; we believe Saudis should pull out in Yemen, they had been strongly implicated in war crimes by the international public, to end a tragedy which would take even more violent turn; we have serious concerns in Yemen and see Saudi heavy bombing of the hospitals and civilian centers as testimonies to our legitimate concerns,” he told the press. “Saudis should agree to a UN-managed serious ceasefire after which possible political solutions could be addressed.”
Source: Mehr News Agency