Infighting between Aleppo terrorists leave dozens dead, injured
Infighting between two militant groups in Syria’s divided city of Aleppo has left at least 25 terrorists from both sides dead and injured, says a UK-based monitoring group.
The so-called Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Wednesday that the clashes erupted in the city’s militant-held eastern region between the Fastaqim Union and Nour al-Din al-Zenki Movement terrorist groups.
The fighting broke out after al-Zenki militants attacked regions held by the rival terrorist group after it arrested the al-Zenki’s commander.
Aleppo, once Syria’s second largest city before the start of war in the country, has been a major frontline in the fight against different Takfiri militant groups. The city has been divided into two parts. Militants have occupied the city’s eastern parts for four years.
Syrian army announces humanitarian pause
Meanwhile, the Syrian army’s General Command announced that it would be complying with a humanitarian ceasefire announced earlier by Russia.
According to a statement released by the army, all previously-announced humanitarian corridors will be opened for the exit of militants and civilians from 9:00 to 19:00 local time on November 4.
It called on all militants operating in Aleppo to leave the city with their weapons via the Castillo road to the north and the Souq al-Khair-Masharqah route towards the northwestern Syrian province of Idlib.
Earlier on Wednesday, Russian President Vladimir Putin offered the 10-hour humanitarian pause in Aleppo scheduled for Friday and ordered that aid corridors would also be open on the day, along with two new exit routes for the militants.
So far militants from the Fastaqim Union militant group have rejected the ceasefire. “This is completely out of the question. We will not give up the city of Aleppo to the Russians and we won’t surrender,” they said.