Islamic Invitation Turkey
       6 December 2016 - Tuesday - 6 Rabi al-Awwal 1438 | 06/12/2016 (4) 05/12/2016 (53) 04/12/2016 (53) 03/12/2016 (50) 02/12/2016 (49) Total: 117,485 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Yemeni Forces Win Back More Lands in Saudi Arabia’s Jizan Province

12 November 2016 15:04

13940917000320_photoi

 

The Yemeni army and popular forces continued their advances in Jizan province in Southern Saudi Arabia, and managed to take full control of several strategic villages in al-Khobeh region.

“A number of important villages in al-Khobeh region were seized back by the Yemeni forces after 12 hours of clashes with the Saudi forces,” the Arabic-language media quoted senior Ansarullah Commander Nasreddin Ameri as saying on Saturday.

He said that tens of Saudi army troops were killed and many more fled the battlefield, adding, “6 armored Bradly Tanks and 2 Abrams Tanks of the Saudi army were destroyed while the Saudi army’s other military hardware were also torched by the Yemeni troops.”

Last week, the Yemeni army’s artillery units pounded Saudi Arabia’s military bases in the kingdom’s Southern provinces, inflicting heavy losses on the Riyadh government’s troops.

The Saudi regime’s military bases in Najran, Jizan and Assir provinces came under the Yemeni army’s heavy artillery fire.

“The Yemeni army and popular forces hit the gathering centers of Saudi army troops in the Northern part of Midi desert near al-Mousem village in Jizan province,” a local source said.

The Yemen artillery unit also pounded the Saudi Mos’an military base in Southern Saudi Arabia.

The Yemeni forces also targeted Manfaz border crossing in Assir province, killing a large number of the Saudi troops.

The Yemeni army also destroyed two armored vehicles of the Saudi army near al-Khazra border crossing, killing all their crew members.

Earlier in November, the media reports said that the Riyadh government had evacuated over half of its rural areas along the kingdom’s border with Yemen.

“More than 60 percent of Saudi Arabia’s villages located along Saudi Arabia-Yemen border have been evacuated by the kingdom’s border guards,” the Arabic-language al-Ahad news website reported.

Lieutenant Commander of al-Arezeh Border Guards in Jizan Province Ali al-Amri said that the evacuation of the villages took place at the order of senior Saudi officials.

He reiterated that the Saudi border guards are doing their best to facilitate the evacuation of citizens from border villages.

On Tuesday, the Yemeni Army and their popular allies captured a strategic point near Yemeni-Saudi border region after a fierce clash with the Saudi army and border guards.

Yemeni forces continue to penetrate into Saudi Arabia in response to Saudi aggression which has seen thousands of civilians killed by their airstrikes.

Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen since March 2015 to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 12,000 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.

Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.

According to several reports, the Saudi-led air campaign against Yemen has driven the impoverished country towards humanitarian disaster.

Scroll Up