Yemeni Forces Advance in Ta’iz, Kill 20 Pro-Hadi Terrorists
“The Yemeni forces continued their advances in the Southwestern part of Ta’iz province and killed over 20 pro-Hadi militias,” Senior Yemeni Military Commander Colonel Abdel Rashed Ossman al-Ja’ali told FNA on Monday.
Colonel al-Ja’ali pointed to the control of the Yemeni forces backed by local tribesmen on the Southern part of Ta’iz province, and said, “The Yemenis will not allow the Saudi mercenaries to occupy this province.”
He reiterated that the Yemeni army and popular forces thwarted an attempt by the Saudi mercenaries to advance towards al-Zobab region after killing and injuring several of them.
In a relevant development on Sunday, the Yemeni army’s missile and artillery units hit hard the Saudi military positions in al-Jawf and Shabwah provinces as the country’s popular forces inflicted heavy losses on the terrorists in Ma’rib.
The pro-Saudi mercenaries’ military positions were hit by two Sorkheh-3 missiles in Wadi Harab region in the Southernmost location of al-Aqaba.
In Shabwah province, a Yemeni army’s missile hit the pro-Saudi mercenaries in al-Safra district of the city of Asilan.
The Yemeni army’s artillery units also pounded the gathering centers and military hardware of the pro-Saudi mercenaries in Wadi Zahaba in Shabwah province, killing and wounding several militias.
Meantime, a senior military commander disclosed that heavy clashes are underway between Yemeni popular forces and the Saudi mercenaries in residential areas of Ma’rib province.
“The pro-Saudi mercenaries have taken shelter in mosques and schools,” Senior Ansarullah commander Zayd Ebrahim Ahmad told FNA on Sunday.
He reiterated that the Yemeni popular forces destroyed 14 armored vehicles of the pro-Saudi forces in Ma’rib.
In a relevant development on Saturday, the Yemeni army and popular forces targeted and pounded several strategic Saudi military bases in the Southern part of the kingdom with a barrage of missile attacks, inflicting heavy losses on the Riyadh government troops.
The Yemeni forces hit the military bases in Assir province in Southern Saudi Arabia in retaliation for the Saudi airstrikes on the Yemeni civilians across the neighboring country.
Media sources announced that al-Malteh and al-Shabakeh military bases in Assir province came under the Yemeni missile attacks.
There are yet no reports on the exact number of the Saudi troops killed in the attack, the sources added.
Meantime, the Yemeni army and popular forces conducted military operation against the Saudi troops in the border city of Jizan and captured new positions.
In relevant developments earlier this week, the Yemeni army and popular forces continued their advances in Southern Saudi Arabia, inflicting losses on the military hardware of the kingdom’s government troops.
The Saudi military bases, positions, hardware were hit hard in the Yemeni forces’ attacks in Assir, Jizan and Najran provinces in retaliation for Saudi Arabia’s continued airstrikes on the Yemeni civilian population.
“The Yemeni army destroyed an armored vehicle of the Saudi army in Sahveh military base in Assir province,” the Arabic-language al-Mayadeen satellite TV quoted an unnamed military source as saying.
The source noted that seven military vehicles of the Saudi army came under Yemeni forces’ mortar attacks in Sharqan region.
The Yemeni army and popular forces also destroyed the gathering center of Saudi soldiers in al-Meysal region of Assir province.