Yemeni Army, Popular Forces Inflict Losses, Casualties on Saudi Terrorists in Jizan, Ta’iz
The Yemeni snipers managed to gun down three Saudi soldiers in al-Mazraq area and Tabat al-Hamrah hill region in Jizan on Friday.
The Yemeni forces also killed 10 Saudi mercenaries and injured many more after foling an infiltration attempt by the Saudi militias near the city of Ta’iz.
Elsewhere, in the Northern province of al-Jawf, the Yemeni forces killed three more Saudi mercenaries after launching an artillery attack against their gatherings in al-Ghayl district.
In a relevant development on Wednesday, the Yemeni army and popular forces continued their military advances in Ta’iz province and repelled an attack by the pro-Saudi mercenaries on a strategic airbase in Bir Pasha region near the city of Ta’iz, killing and injuring tens of militias in fierce clashes.
At least 30 pro-Saudi mercenaries were killed and 50 others were wounded when the Yemeni forces repelled their attack on an airbase to Southwest of Ta’iz city.
The Yemeni army and popular forces had managed to take full control of Ta’iz airbase on Monday, but the pro-Saudi mercenaries launched an attack again on Wednesday and recaptured it, but they were pushed back from their position by the Yemeni forces once again on Wednesday.
On Tuesday, a senior military commander disclosed that the Yemeni army and popular forces were very close to winning back the Southern part of Ta’iz province.
“The Yemeni army has taken full control of 60 percent of the entire Ta’iz province in three tough battles with pro-Saudi mercenaries and they are very close to winning back the entire province very soon,” Senior Ansarullah Commander Hossein al-Houthi said.
Al-Houthi reiterated that the Yemeni army and popular forces repelled the pro-Saudi mercenaries’ attempt to advance in Jahmaliyeh region in Ta’iz province, and said, “The Yemeni army’s artillery units also pounded the pro-Saudi mercenaries’ fortifications in Jabal al-Han in the city of al-Zobab, injuring a number of militias.
Also on Sunday, the Yemeni army and popular forces hit the gathering centers of the pro-Saudi military positions in Ta’iz province in Western Yemen with several ballistic missiles.
The pro-Saudi militias stationed in Ta’iz sustained heavy losses after they came under attack by, at least, two Zalzal-2 ballistic missiles.
Eyewitness said a large number of pro-Saudi mercenaries were also wounded in the Yemeni missile attacks.
They said that several military vehicles of the militias were also destroyed in the ballistic missile attacks.
More than 12,800 Yemenis, including women and children, have been killed in the course of the Saudi military aggression against neighboring Yemen since March 2015.
This is while international right groups have repeatedly condemned Riyadh over its onslaught against Yemen. They have also warned of a humanitarian crisis in the impoverished country.
The Saudi campaign was launched with the aim of reinstating Yemen’s former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi.
Hadi, a loyal Riyadh ally, resigned last year and fled to the Saudi capital. He later returned to the country’s port city of Aden.
Hadi has rejected a United Nations peace roadmap, saying the initiative favors Ansarullah movement, while the movement is the main popular base which has been defending the country against the Saudi invasion.