Islamic Invitation Turkey
       20 August 2017 - Sunday - 27 Dhul-Qa?da 1438 | 19/08/2017 (43) 18/08/2017 (42) 17/08/2017 (37) 16/08/2017 (46) 15/08/2017 (46) Total: 127,395 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Yemeni Forces Kill 37 Saudi-Backed Terrorists in Shabwah Province

17 January 2017 16:21

13950907000828_Test_PhotoJ

 

The Yemeni army and popular forces continued their advances in Shabwah province on Tuesday, killing over 30 Saudi-backed militias.

“At least 37 Riyadh-backed militias loyal to former fugitive President Mansour Hadi were killed in Asilan region of Shabwah province,” the Arabic-language media quoted a military source as saying today.

The source said that 23 other Saudi-hired mercenaries were also wounded in fierce clashes with the Yemeni forces.

In a relevant development on Monday, the Yemeni army and popular forces managed to push back a number of attacks by the Saudi-backed militants in several regions across Yemen.

The Saudi-backed militias sustained heavy losses in fierce clashes with the Yemeni forces in different areas after their failed attacks.

In Asilan region, the Saudi-hired mercenaries launched two heavy attacks on the Yemeni forces’ military positions, but were pushed back by Yemen’s army troops and popular forces.

The Saudi-backed militias tried to pave their way towards Hajr Kalan region from the nearby al-Alam and al-Tabeh al-Ramlieh areas in Asilan.

In Sirawah region, the Yemeni army and popular forces also warded off an attack by the mercenaries as they were trying to open their way into Sirawah.

Meantime, the Yemeni army and popular forces pounded the gathering centers of the Saudi-led coalition troops in the surrounding areas of Governmental Complex in al-Motoun area of al-Jawf province.

In a relevant development earlier on Monday, the Yemeni army and popular forces continued their advances against the Saudi-backed militias in Bab al-Mandab operation zone, inflicting heavy losses on them.

“Over 40 Saudi-backed mercenaries, including their senior commander Heisam Qassem Taher, were killed in the Yemeni army offensive in the Southwestern part of Ta’iz province near Bab al-Mandab,” the Arabic-language al-Masira TV channel quoted a battlefield source as saying.

The source, meantime, said that the Saudi forces’ military equipment also sustained heavy losses in the offensives.

“The enemy was surprised with the Yemeni forces’ special operations in Bab al-Mandab region,” he added.

On Saturday, the Yemeni army and popular forces conducted a fresh military operation against the Saudi-backed mercenaries in the city of Ta’iz, killing and injuring a number of them.

The Saudi-backed militias’ military positions in al-Zobab and al-Amri districts of Ta’iz city came under the Yemeni army offensives, the Arabic-language al-Masira TV channel quoted an unnamed military source as saying.

Several Riyadh-backed mercenaries were killed in the Yemeni army attacks on their positions.

The Yemeni army and popular forces also stormed the Saudi-backed militants’ positions in al-Ham mountain as well as the cities of Khob and al-Sha’af regions in Ta’iz province, killing and injuring a number of them.

Earlier on Saturday, the Yemeni army and popular forces’ artillery units pounded the military positions of the Saudi troops in the kingdom’s border city of Asir.

The Saudi army’s concentration and gathering centers came under massive artillery attacks of the Yemeni forces in retaliation for the Saudi airstrikes on Yemeni civilians, the Arabic-language al-Ahad news website reported.

The Saudi army troops sustained heavy losses in the Yemeni army’s artillery attacks.

Meantime, the Yemeni army’s artillery units hit hard the Saudi military positions in the border city of Najran.

The Saudi-led airstrikes on the defenseless people of Yemen and the country’s infrastructure are still underway after almost two years.

Scroll Up