Islamic Invitation Turkey
       26 April 2017 - Wednesday - 29 Rajab 1438 | 26/04/2017 (36) 25/04/2017 (44) 24/04/2017 (31) 23/04/2017 (45) 22/04/2017 (44) Total: 123,161 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Syria: Civilians Injured in Terrorists’ Attack on Buses Evacuating People from Towns in Idlib

14 April 2017 17:05

 

A woman and a child were injured in terrorists’ mortar attack on the buses that were transferring civilians from the besieged towns of Fua’a and Kafraya in Idlib province, well-informed sources said.

The sources confirmed that terrorists of Faylaq Al-Sham attacked a bus carrying civilians leaving the predominately Shiite towns of Fua’a and Kafraya that have long been under siege by the terrorists.

According to local activists in Fua’a, Faylaq Al-Sham militants in the nearby village of Binnish fired at least ten mortar shells at the buses leaving Idlib for government-controlled regions.

The local activists reported that at least one mortar shell struck a bus in Fua’a, injuring two civilians.

The two victims were identified as a 10 year old boy and 25 year old woman, both from Fua’a.

Ahrar Al-Sham Movement has agreed to find the culprits behind the last night attack.

The Arabic language al-Mayadeen News Agency reported on Friday that more than 5,000 residents of Fua’a and Kafraya left their towns today to travel on over 75 buses en route to government-controlled territories.

The residents of Fua’a and Kafraya were initially stopped from leaving their towns after the terrorists of Faylaq Al-Sham fired several mortar shells at their transport vehicles last night, the agency said.

Al-Mayadeen added that another batch of civilians is expected to leave Fua’a and Kafraya in the coming days, as the second phase of the agreement has commenced.

A convoy of buses and ambulances arrived in Fua’a and Kafraya in Idlib province on Thursday to transfer civilians and patients from the two towns which had been besieged by the terrorists for three years now.

The development came in line with an agreement between the Syrian army and the terrorist groups to transfer civilians from Fua’a and Kafraya in exchange for the militants’ exit from Damascus province.

A sum of 99 buses and 20 ambulances of the Syrian Red Crescent Society entered Fua’a and Kafraya in Northern Idlib on Thursday morning to transfer the civilians from the two towns after three years.

Based on the agreement, 8,000 civilians are due to leave Fua’a and Kafraya and 3,800 militants along with their family members will be transferred from the towns of Zabadani, Madhaya, Baqin and al-Jabal al-Sharqi in the outskirts of Damascus.

In late March, the army and militants groups inked an agreement on the evacuation of all the citizens of Kafraya and Fua’a in the aftermath of a ceasefire agreement, in lieu of the evacuation of militants and their family members from al-Zabadani and Madhaya.

According to media reports implementation of the agreement would begin on April 4th after a ceasefire began on 28 of March that would be processed in two phases in order to end the simultaneous evacuation in the two regions.

According to reports, in the first phase, eight thousand civilians would leave the militant-besieged towns of Kafraya and Fua’a and the same number of militants would be evacuated from al-Zabadani and Madhaya along with their families.

The second phase that was expected to start in two months would include evacuation of 8 thousand people from Kafraya and Fua’a in return for the relocation of a similar number of militants from Yarmouk camp.

A nine-month ceasefire would be extended in the regions where the evacuation would take place from both sides that include regions South of Damascus in Babila, Beit Sahm and Yalda.

Scroll Up