Islamic Invitation Turkey
       19 November 2017 - Sunday - 30 Safar 1439 | 19/11/2017 (32) 18/11/2017 (42) 17/11/2017 (30) 16/11/2017 (36) 15/11/2017 (31) Total: 130,772 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

9 dead, including 3 attackers after terror attack in London

4 June 2017 10:18

 

A terrorist attack at two sites in central London has left at least nine people dead, including three attackers, London police have confirmed.

The attack took place late Saturday night when a white van veered off the road and mowed down pedestrians on London Bridge.

A picture of the van used in the attack. (Photo via The Sun)

 

The drivers then got off the vehicle and began stabbing people with large knives in the Borough Market area of bars and restaurants.

Medical kits are seen scattered outside a cafe around ten minutes walk west of Borough Market. (Photo via The Sun)

 

“Armed response officers then responded very quickly and bravely and confronted the three male suspects who were shot and killed on Borough Market,” Mark Rowley, Britain’s top anti-terrorism officer, said.

“Sadly, six people have died in addition to the three attackers shot by police,” Rowley said.

Mark Rowley, Britain’s top anti-terrorism officer, speaks following the attack.

 

“The suspects had been confronted and shot by police within eight minutes of the first call. The suspects were wearing what looked like explosive vests but these were later established to be hoaxes,” he added.

Three men – two lying in the background – believed to be the terrorists pictured dead after being shot by police. (Photo via The Sun)

 

According to London Ambulance Service, 48 people were taken to hospital for treatment and a number of other patients were treated for less serious injuries in the center of the city.

Police said that three major London hospitals were put on lockdown to keep patients and staff safe.

Police and members of the emergency services attend to victims of the terror attack. (Photo by AFP)

 

British Prime Minister Theresa May said, “Following updates from police and security officials, I can confirm that the terrible incident in London is being treated as a potential act of terrorism.”

“This is a fast moving investigation… I want to express my huge gratitude to the police and emergency services who are on the scene. Our thoughts are with those who are caught up in these dreadful events.”

Armed police officers arrive at the scene of the terror attack. (Photo by AFP) 

 

“Police are dealing with a major incident and all routes are being diverted,” Transport for London said on Twitter.

A large area of central London remained cordoned off, with police asking people to avoid the area.

Bursts of gunfire could be heard through the streets, likely from armed police with at least three blasts ringing out as police performed controlled explosions.

Members of the public, wrapped in emergency blankets leave the scene of the attack. (Photo by AFP) 

 

The attacks come days ahead of a June 8 election and less than two weeks after another terrorist attack left 22 people dead and scores of others injured at a pop concert by US singer Ariana Grande in Manchester in northern England.

It has been the deadliest act of terror in Britain in over a decade.

Scroll Up