Iran’s IRGC Vows to Avenge Tehran Terrorist Attacks
“The public opinion in the world, specially the Iranian nation sees this terrorist action that happened a week after the joint meeting of the US president with the heads of one of the reactionary regional states that has constantly been supporting Takfiri terrorists as to be very meaningful, and believes that ISIL’s acknowledging the responsibility indicates their complicity in this wild move,” the IRGC statement said.
The powerful military force further warned that it would not miss a single moment to avenge the incident, saying, “The IRGC has proved that it would not leave unanswered the shedding of innocent blood and it ensures the Iranian nation that it will not hesitate even for a moment to protect the country’s national security and the lives of the dear people, as it killed all these terrorists with the help of the Law Enforcement Force today.”
Four unknown male assailants fired several rounds at the guards protecting the parliament building in Tehran, killing at least five and wounding 25 others in the hallway on Wednesday morning.
According to initial reports, the assailants opened their way into the parliament’s administrative building while shooting at the guards, killing at least two IRGC guards and three others, and wounding 25 civilians.
Four of the victims were killed on the scene of the attack, while a fifth one succumbed to his injuries at a nearby hospital.
Ten of the wounded victims were civilians who had come from different constituencies to visit their deputies.
Also, several assailants raided the holy shrine of the late founder of the Islamic Republic, Imam Khomeini, South of the capital Tehran on Wednesday morning, killing at least two and wounding ten others in a bomb attack and a shooting spree.
The number of the victims of the terrorist attack who lost their lives grew to 12 according to the caretaker of Iran’s emergency squad.
The suicide attacker at Imam Khomeini Mausoleum was a female.
The law enforcement and guards at the shrine said they have also defused another suicide vest at the scene.
ISIL’s official website, Amaq, issued a statement at 09:00 GMT claiming responsibility for both attacks.
In a separate statement issued earlier this afternoon, the Iranian interior ministry confirmed that 12 people have been killed and 42 others wounded in this morning’s terrorist attacks, stressing that the security situation is now fully under control.
Two terrorist teams simultaneously entered the area around the holy shrine of (the late founder of the Islamic Republic) Imam Khomeini and the administrative building of the parliament on Wednesday, the statement said.
“The first terrorist team, comprised of two people, entered Imam’s shrine at 10:30 local time (06:00 GMT). The first person was killed in a suicide blast and the second person was killed in clashes with the security forces after he conducted some blind shooting,” it added.
“Simultaneous with the first team, the second terrorist team that included four people tried to opened its way into the parliament’s administrative building but after the reaction of one of the security guards, one of them was killed in a suicide blast and three others were killed in clashes with the security forces after blind shootings and attempts to enter the upper floors of the parliament’s administrative building,” the statement said, adding that 12 Iranian people were killed and 42 others were wounded by the terrorists on Wednesday.
“Now, both incidents have ended and the situation is fully under the control of the security and law enforcement police forces,” it underlined.
The statement added that the country’s security council, headed by the interior minister, will hold a meeting on Wednesday evening to scrutinize the two terrorist incidents.