Terrorists’ Fresh Offensive on Syrian Army Strongholds in Quneitra Repulsed
The army soldiers warded off Al-Nusra’s large-scale attack towards the town of al-Ba’ath and managed to restore security to the region after killing and wounding 150 terrorists.
Al-Nusra’s military hardware sustained heavy damage in the failed attack.
A field source said that Abu al-Qasem Haji Amin and Yusef al-Motaleb, two senior Al-Nusra commanders, were among the dead militants.
The source further said that Al-Nusra’s second large-scale attack on army positions in al-Ba’ath was carried out after their failure in the first attack on Sunday to decrease the pro-government forces’ pressure on the militants in Dara’a via attacking army’s positions in al-Ba’ath.
The source added that Al-Nusra’s attacks were carried out simultaneous with the Israeli air force’ attacks on army positons that left a number of Syrian soldiers and civilians dead in Quneitra.
The source went on to say that a number of injured militants have been transferred to an Israeli hospital.
Another field source said that the army also managed to recapture all the lost points to the West of al-Ba’ath city in Quneitra province, effectively reversing every gain that militants were able to achieve in recent hours, including in Mashtal Al-Zohor, the Fire Station building and the Security Force building (Al-Mafrazeh).
Local sources disclosed on Sunday that several terrorists, who had been wounded in the battle with the Syrian government forces in Quneitra province, were taken to an Israeli hospital.
The sources reported that a number of injured members of Al-Nusra Front were transferred to the Israeli hospitals via al-Hamidiyeh region in Quneitra countryside.
The army troops repelled Al-Nusra Front’s offensives in the Southwestern province of Quneitra, leaving tens of terrorists dead and many more wounded. Later, the Israeli aircraft attacked the Syrian government forces’ tanks and artillery positions South-West of the war-hit country.
This is not the first time that Al-Nusra terrorists have been transferred to Israeli hospital after sustaining injuries in clashes with the army soldiers.
In September and November 2016, tens of wounded fighters of Fatah al-Sham (formerly know as the Al-Nusra) Front were transferred from Quneitra battlefields to Israeli hospitals in the occupied Golan Heights, as several Israeli ambulances entered Syria’s Southern province of Quneitra and transferred those terrorists injured in clashes with Syrian Army troops to their hospitals in the occupied part of the Golan Heights.
Also, scores of fighters of Fatah al-Sham succumbed to their injuries in Israeli hospitals and their bodies were handed over to the Takfiri terrorists in Syria’s Quneitra.
Fatah al-Sham received these bodies and transferred them to its own field-hospital in the village of Jabata al-Khashab near Quneitra city.
In October, sources disclosed that Fatah al-Sham Front dispatched its wounded members to Israeli and Jordanian Hospitals via Syria’s Southern borders.