Islamic Invitation Turkey
       14 December 2017 - Thursday - 25 Rabi al-Awwal 1439 | 14/12/2017 (40) 13/12/2017 (37) 12/12/2017 (40) 11/12/2017 (44) 10/12/2017 (46) Total: 131,767 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Ansarullah Official Accuses US of Leading War against Yemen

18 July 2017 19:59

 

A senior member of Ansarullah movement’s politburo office blasted the US as the biggest accomplice in the Saudi-led coalition war against Yemen.

“The US is Saudi Arabia’s biggest accomplice in the Yemen war and the decision to form the Saudi-led anti-Yemen coalition to launch a war against the country was made by the US,” Fouaz Ahmed Ayash was quoted as saying by the Arabic website of Sputnik news agency on Tuesday.

Noting that the US officials have several times said that they send weapons to Saudi Arabia and the UAE, he said, “The US is well aware that its direct military presence in Yemen war means wasting money” and, hence, it tries to implement its plot and achieve its objects through Saudi Arabia and UAE.

Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen since March 2015 to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 14,300 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.

Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.

According to several reports, the Saudi-led air campaign against Yemen has drove the impoverished country towards humanitarian disaster.

Nearly 3.3 million Yemeni people, including 2.1 million children, are currently suffering from acute malnutrition. The Al-Saud aggression has also taken a heavy toll on the country’s facilities and infrastructure, destroying many hospitals, schools, and factories.

The World Health Organization (WHO) announced that a cholera epidemic has killed over 1,500 people in Yemen since late April as the war-torn country is facing the “world’s worst cholera outbreak”, warning that as many as 300,000 could get infected by the end of August.

The country’s Health Ministry has already announced that 21 of a total 22 Yemeni provinces are threatened by the disease. On mid-May, it also declared a state of emergency in the capital Sana’a in connection with the epidemic.

The WHO has also estimated that 7.6 million Yemenis live in areas with a high risk of cholera transmission.

The WHO now classifies Yemen as one of the worst humanitarian emergencies in the world alongside Syria, South Sudan, Nigeria and Iraq.

Scroll Up