Saudi citizens are urged to stay away from areas targeted by Yemeni forces, Mohammad Ali Al-Houthi said, Al-Manar news network reported.
He also voiced the committee’s readiness to compensate for damages to Saudi residential areas if it is proven that they have been caused by Yemeni missiles.
It came a day after Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement, of which the committee is an affiliate, fired a ballistic missile towards the official residence of Saudi King Salman in the Saudi capital city, Riyadh, in retaliation for the kingdom’s deadly aggression on Yemen.
Mohammed Abdulsalam, a Houthi spokesman, said on Tuesday that the Burkan (Volcano) H-2 missile, which has a range of 800 km, had been fired earlier in the day toward al-Yamamah Palace in the western suburbs of Riyadh where the monarch receives visiting foreign dignitaries and top Saudi officials.
Yemen’s al-Masirah TV channel, citing military sources, said the missile targeted a large gathering of Saudi leaders.
The Saudi-led coalition targeting Yemen, however, claimed that the missile had been intercepted in southern Riyadh.
The missile attack against Saudi Arabia come in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the Saudi-led coalition.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than two and half years.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi.
Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.
Tuesday’s missile attack on Riyadh came on the same day that the UN human rights office verified the killings of 136 Yemeni civilians and other non-combatants in the Saudi-led airstrikes over 11 days.
The UN human rights office spokesman, Rupert Colville, said the casualties occurred between December 6-16 in four northern provinces, stressing that UN officials are “deeply concerned” over the rising number of civilian casualties in the impoverished country.