Over 79,000 Civilians Relocated from Terrorist-Held Regions in Eastern Ghouta
Brigadier General Vladimir Zolotokhin reported that over 6,000 civilians have left terrorist-held villages and settlements via Hamouriyeh corridor since this morning.
In the meantime, field sources reported that more than 79,000 civilians have so far fled terrorist-held regions in Eastern Ghouta for specified locations under the army’s control.
Local sources said that the militants continue to abduct civilians to prevent them from leaving Eastern Ghouta and to use them as human shield.
Well-informed sources reported on Monday that two main terrorist groups in Eastern Ghouta have demanded relocation to militant-held regions in Idlib province after talks with the Russian Reconciliation Center for Syria and amid rapid advances of the army in the region.
The sources said that representatives of Ahrar al-Sham and Faylaq al-Rahman in Arbin, Harasta, Hazeh, Jobar and Ein Terma held talks with the Russian Reconciliation Center for Syria, and demanded relocation of their gunmen from Eastern Ghouta to Northern and Northwestern Syria.
The sources said that the terrorists have asked to be sent to Idlib to join the Al-Nusra Front (Tahrir al-Sham Hay’at or the Levant Liberation Board) and other terrorist groups affiliated to the Turkey-led Euphrates Shield.
The army has laid full siege on the terrorists in different parts of Eastern Ghouta and the militant groups are losing ground on a daily basis.