S. Arabia Attempting to Keep Jeish Al-Islam Alive by False-Flag Chemical Operation
“Saudi Arabia, the globally-recognized founder of al-Qaeda, is now attempting to prolong the life of its affiliated terrorist group, Jeish al-Islam, in Syria by repeating the 2013 false-flag chemical attack in Eastern Ghouta,” Middle-East and World Analyst Seyed Mostafa Khoshcheshm told FNA on Sunday.
The analyst said the whole world is aware of Saudi Arabia’s financial support and role in the creation of the problem of terrorism in Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq, noting that Riyadh should stop its support for terrorist groups in Syria and other parts of the world.
“A similar false-flag staged in Eastern Ghouta in 2013 worked well and gave a pretext to the then US President, Barack Obama, to move naval fleets to the Mediterranean for war on Syria, but a prompt plan by Moscow that envisaged a chemical disarmament of Syria under the auspices of the United Nations defused the US-Saudi plot,” Khoshcheshm reminded.
“Later investigations by western journalists, including one from Associated Press disclosed that the then Saudi Intelligence Chief, Prince Bandar Bin Sultan, had supplied a chemically-armed warhead to the militants in Eastern Ghouta,” the analyst added.
“Now it seems again that through their request for another round of talks, Jeish Al-Islam militants are seeking to portray themselves as peace-seekers to buy some time under their move gives the ground to the US-led West to rush to their aid and,” he continued.
The Russian defense ministry and Syrian officials had warned of the terrorists, specially Jeish al-Islam’s plan to accuse the Syrian army in Eastern Ghouta of a chemical attack against civlians in Douma through a false-flag chemical operation.
Saudi Arabia is known to be the main backer and financier of terrorist groups in the region. US Vice-President Joe Biden in 2014 blamed Riyadh for its direct role in support of various terrorist groups in the region, including the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and the Nusra Front.
The monarchy has also been supplying ISIL and al-Nusra Front terrorists with chemical weapons and chemical ingredients for building such weapons.
Back in August 21, 2013, a chemical attack was launched on residents in Eastern Ghouta near the Syrian capital. The western and some Arab countries pointed the finger of blame at Bashar al-Assad, but the story didn’t end there.
Dale Gavlak, a Middle East correspondent for Mint Press News who has reported from Amman, Jordan, writing for the Associated Press, NPR and BBC, revealed a shocking story through Mint Press News. Dale is an expert in Middle Eastern affairs and covers the Levant region, writing on topics including politics, social issues and economic trends. Dale holds a M.A. in Middle Eastern Studies from the University of Chicago.
Dale Gavlak wrote on Mint Press, “From numerous interviews with doctors, Ghouta residents, rebel fighters and their families, a different picture emerged. They disclosed that certain rebels received chemical weapons via the Saudi intelligence chief, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, and were responsible for carrying out the gas attack.”
“My son came to me two weeks ago asking what I thought the weapons were that he had been asked to carry,” said Abu Abdel-Moneim, the father of a rebel fighting to unseat Assad, who lived in Ghouta, according to Gavlak’s report.
Adam Entous of the Wall Street Journal said that Prince Bandar and his Saudi Intelligence Agency manufactured “evidence” that the Syrian government had used sarin gas prior to the al-Ghouta attack.
Entous stated during a Democracy Now interview, “Bandar’s intelligence agency concluded that chemical weapons were being used on a small scale by the regime. Followed by that, the Brits and the French were convinced of the same conclusion. It took US intelligence agencies really until June to reach that conclusion.”
Gavlak was later threatened by AP and Saudi officials to back off, “or wait for dire consequences”.
Following the US-Israeli-Saudi plot, Syria was made to give up its chemical weapons under the United States’ threat of imminent attack if otherwise; neighboring Israel kept their nuclear warheads, and the anti-government terrorists in Syria kept their chemical arms.
Turkey has also had a major role in supplying chemical arms to the terrorists in the region.
In October, 2013 Turkish newspaper Aydinlik Daily reported that Luftu Turkkan, a Member of the Parliament for Turkey’s MHP, had brought the claim that the Sarin that was used by foreign-backed terrorists in Syria to the agenda of Turkey’s Parliament.
Turkkan’s and the MHP’s initiative added to the growing domestic and international pressure that was mounting against the AKP government of Turkey’s Prime Minister R. Tayyip Erdogan and Foreign Minister Davotoglu, for Turkey´s involvement in the unconventional and undeclared war against Syria.
The MHP and Turkkan claim, along with many others, that Turkey’s AKP government was giving militant groups connected to Al-Qaeda free reigns to operate in Turkey, wrote Aydinlik Daily. Lüftü Türkkan has directed a number of questions to Foreign Minister Ahmed Davotoglu in parliament, stating among others:
“In the Tunisian press, it has been claimed that the materials used in the production of chemical weapons were taken by armed groups in Libya to Syria via Turkey; . … The claims include that the Ansar al-Sharia (Partisans of Sharia) organization has produced both mustard gas and sarin in Libya and brought it via Turkey to Syria.”
Aydinlik Daily reported that Türkkan then proceeded, asking a number of questions to Foreign Minister Ahmed Davotoglu, focusing among others on Turkey assisting the armed groups with transferring the chemicals to Syria via Turkey.
Two months earlier in August 2013, Head of the Turkish National Intelligence Organization (MIT) Hakan Fidan disclosed that two cargos of the poisonous Sarin gas which had been smuggled from Libya to his country continued their path to Georgia and Bulgaria.
On May 30 same year, Turkish media reported that the country’s security forces had confiscated two kilograms of sarin in addition to artillery from raids at the homes of 12 members of the Al-Qaeda-linked Al-Nusra Front. The raids occurred in Adana, a southern city situated 93 miles (150 km) from the Syrian border.
The arrests occurred just weeks after 52 people were killed and hundreds were injured during car bomb attacks in Reyhanli on May 11.
Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergei Lavrov in a press conference in Moscow on May 31 urged Ankara to investigate the arrests and unveil the details.
Sarin is classified as a weapon of mass destruction by the UN Resolution 687. When providing information to Swiss TV on May 5, Carla Del Ponte stated that a report by the UN Independent Commission of Inquiry on chemical weapons in Syria indicated that foreign-aided Syrian opposition had used the agent.