Yemeni rocket barrage kills invader Saudi soldiers in Jizan region
Yemeni army troops, backed by Popular Committees’ fighters, have managed to kill an unspecified number of Saudi troopers after their vehicle came under a volley of Yemeni Katyusha rockets in the Arab kingdom’s southwestern region of Jizan, a report says.
A Yemeni military source, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television network on Saturday that the Yemeni troops destroyed a Saudi military vehicle in the al-Khobe district, killing all troopers who were on board.
The report added that Saudi Mo’tan military base was also hit by multiple Katyusha rockets fired by Yemeni soldiers, leaving losses in the “enemy” ranks and its military equipment.
On Friday night, Yemeni army forces targeted the Quwat al- Wageb military in Saudi Arabia’s southern border region of Najran with short-range Badr-1 ballistic missile. An official with Yemen’s military was quoted as saying that the missile inflicted damage on the camp, killing and wounding an unspecified number of Saudi troopers.
However, the official Saudi Press Agency, citing a military official, claimed that the Saudi air defense forces had intercepted and destroyed the Yemeni missile over the skies of the region.
Yemeni armed forces say they have fired a ballistic missile at a military base in Saudi Arabia’s southern border region of Najran.
On Wednesday, Yemeni forces also fired a ballistic missile at Aramco storage tanks in Saudi Arabia’s southwestern Jizan region. Shortly after the announcement, the kingdom’s state-run al-Ekhbariya television network claimed that the missile was downed by the Saudi air defenses over the skies above the region.
Yemenis launched missile and rocket attacks against Saudi soldiers and mercenaries in retaliation for the Saudi regime’s military campaign against the crisis-hit country.
Saudi war machine targets schools
Meanwhile, al-Masirah, in a separate report, said that Saudi warplanes pounded the Imam Ali School in the city of Razih in the northwestern province of Sa’ada earlier in the day, inflicting heavy damage on it. The report added that Saudi fighter jets had previously hit 18 other schools in the town.
Saudi airstrikes take more lives
In yet another report, al-Masirah, citing local sources, said that Saudi warplanes launched a number of airstrikes in Yemen’s northwestern province of Hajjah earlier on Saturday. In one of the airstrikes against a residential building in the town of Mastaba, at least a woman and five children lost their lives.
The Saudi aggression was launched in March 2015 in support of Yemen’s former Riyadh-friendly government and against the country’s Houthi Ansarullah movement, which has been running state affairs in the absence of an effective administration.
The offensive has, however, achieved neither of its goals despite the spending of billions of petrodollars and the enlisting of Saudi Arabia’s regional and Western allies.
The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the Saudi-led war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured during the past three years.
The United Nations says a record 22.2 million people are in need of food aid, including 8.4 million threatened by severe hunger. A high-ranking UN aid official recently warned against the “catastrophic” living conditions in Yemen, stating that there was a growing risk of famine and cholera there.