Three Palestinians die from terrorist regime israeli gunfire wounds sustained during Gaza rally
Three Palestinians who were critically wounded by Israeli army gunfire nearly a week ago during an anti-occupation protest along the border between the besieged Gaza Strip and occupied territories have succumbed to their injuries.
The Gaza Ministry of Health announced in a statement that 58-year-old Moein al-Saai, a resident of al-Shati refugee camp in the northern Gaza Strip, sustained grave gunshot wounds east of Gaza City last Monday.
The statement added that Mohammed Mazen al-Ayyan, 20, died in al-Quds Hospital on Saturday morning after doctors and medical staff could not save his life. He had been shot and wounded east of al-Bureij refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip.
The third Palestinian identified as Ahmad Abu Samareh, 21, died on Saturday from the wounds he sustained in the Monday clashes.
At least 64 Palestinians were killed and more than 2,700 others wounded near the Gaza fence on the eve of the 70th anniversary of Nakba Day (Day of Catastrophe), which coincided this year with the relocation of the US embassy from Tel Aviv to the occupied city of Jerusalem al-Quds.
The occupied territories have witnessed new tensions ever since US President Donald Trump on December 6, 2017 announced Washington’s recognition of Jerusalem al-Quds as Israel’s “capital” and said the US would move its embassy to the city.
The dramatic decision triggered demonstrations in the occupied Palestinian territories and elsewhere in the world.
The status of Jerusalem al-Quds is the thorniest issue in the decades-long Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
The Palestinians see East Jerusalem as the capital of their future state.
On Thursday, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said the Israeli regime should be brought before the International Criminal Court for the recent Gaza massacre.
“Israel should be taken to the International Criminal Court [over the killing of Palestinians]. Since third parties cannot do it, Palestine needs to initiate this,” Cavusoglu said in an interview with state broadcaster TRT.
The top Turkish diplomat added, “We are analyzing what kind of legal steps can be taken [against Israel]. Israel should account for its actions.”
Meanwhile, Muslim leaders have called for an international force to be deployed to protect Palestinian people against Israeli crimes.
In a final communiqué issued following an emergency meeting in Istanbul on Friday, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) condemned the May 14 massacre of dozens of Gazans as “savage crimes committed by the Israeli forces with the backing of the US administration.”
It also urged the UN to “form an international investigation committee into the recent atrocities in the Gaza Strip, and enable the committee to initiate field investigation.”
The OIC further demanded “the international protection of the Palestinian population including through dispatching of international protection force” in the face of “unchecked crimes” committed by the Te Aviv regime.