IRGC Warns Supporters of Chabahar Terrorist Attack of Harsh Punishment
“Most terrorist grouplets are linked to foreign security services of countries like Saudi Arabia and they always attempt to foment insecurity at our bordering areas,” General Sharif said on Thursday after a terrorist attack in Chabahar in Sistan and Balouchestan province killed two and wounded 27 others.
He explained that a suicide car was attempting to enter Chabahar law enforcement police station to kill a number of people but it was targeted by the police forces.
“A number of Law Enforcement Police personnel were martyred by the car blast and a number of others were wounded and the suicide bombers were killed,” General Sharif added.
“Usually, such terrorist attacks will be followed by crushing responses (from Iran) and these individuals are traced in addition to their tolls in the field and the groups which support them will also be punished,” he underlined.
Deputy Governor-General of Sistan and Balouchestan Province for Security and Law Enforcement Affairs Mohammad Hadi Mara’ashi told FNA earlier on Thursday that “a bomb blast was heard some minutes ago near a police station on a street in Chabahar city and security forces and aid groups were immediately deployed in the region”.
He added that the bomb which was planted inside a car killed 2 people and wounded 3 others.
Local sources also said that at least 2 law enforcement police have been killed in the terrorist attack. The suicide bomber meant to open his path into the Law Enforcement command center, but was forced to stop where he blew up himself and the car.
Meantime, Caretaker of Chabahar city’s Governor-General Office Bameri confirmed the death and injury of a number of people in the bomb blast, stressing that conditions are under control now.
He added that the bomb was planted inside a pickup truck near the Law Enforcement Police’s station.
“A number of women, children and local business owners are among the wounded people who were transferred to Imam Ali (AS) hospital,” Bameri said.
Latest reports by Chabahar medical officials said that 27 wounded people were accepted to the city’s hospitals, among them a pregnant woman and a 16-year-old adolescent.
IRGC Ground Force Brigadier General Mohammad Pakpour underlined on Thursday that full security has been established in the Southeastern city of Chabahar after the Thursday morning terrorist attack.
Chabahar city is in full security and complete safety, General Pakpour said.
He added that a car with explosives tried to attack Police Headquarters in the city, noting that “unfortunately, a number of compatriots were martyred and injured by this blind terrorist operation”, which had no achievements for terrorists.
The commander said the suicide car could not enter the police headquarters, adding that reports concerning martyrdom of the city’s police commander are not correct.
General Pakpour visited the blast site on Thursday.
Also, the chief commander of Chabahar’s Law Enforcement Police dismissed media claims that he was killed in the terrorist attack.
Foreign media reports said that Ansar al-Forqan terrorist group has claimed responsibility for the Thursday morning suicide blast in Iran’s Southeastern city of Chabahar.