Field sources reported on Friday that 413 militants of Ahrar al-Sham terrorist group along with 1,167 family members were evacuated from Harasta and headed to Idlib on 30 buses.
The army will regain full control over Harasta after the terrorists leave the region as others will be granted amnesty by the government.
A sum of 7,128 civilians left the terrorist-held areas in Eastern Ghouta towards safe areas under the army’s control through al-Wafedin corridor on Thursday.
Nearly 95,000 people have left Eastern Ghouta through humanitarian corridors since the declaration of humanitarian pauses, head of the Russian Center for Reconciliation of the opposing sides in Syria Major General Yuri Yevtushenko said on Thursday.
The first group of terrorists left Harasta for Idlib on Thursday.
An army officer told FNA that 27 terrorists along with 182 family members left Harasta for Idlib on 5 buses, adding that 40 buses along with several Red Crescent vehicles have been stationed in Harasta so far.
Meantime, the Syrian army ensured security for the evacuation of over 4,000 civilians to the army-held regions via the corridor at al-Wafedin camp.
The terrorists’ evacuation from Harasta, as one of their most strategic and most important strongholds in Eastern Ghouta, is seen a lethal blow to the militants in the region.