The Syrian Army and the Lebanese Hezbollah Resistance Movement took back Syria’s border region of Zabadani from the terrorists early Wednesday.
The border city was purged of the terrorists Wednesday midnight after two months of intense clashes, FNA dispatches said.
Hezbollah and the Syrian army gained full victory after the remaining gangs of Ahrar al-Sham and al-Nusra Front terrorists were forced to withdraw from the Southern parts of Zabadani towards al-Mazaya region.
Although the Syrian army and Hezbollah have not yet officially confirmed the freedom of Zabadani, their forces are now fully cleansing the region and disposing the bombs planted in the houses and streets.
Zabadani was freed after a ceasefire plan went into effect three times and the two sides accepted to hold fire in the border region.
According to the ceasefire plan, the two sides would provide safe passage for enemy troops to withdraw from those regions. But the plan failed after one of the main militant groups violated the ceasefire terms last week.
Mohammad Abolqasem, representative of the militant groups in the ceasefire negotiations with the Syrian army in Zabadani, blamed the Ahrar al-Sham Takfiri terrorist group for the failure of ceasefire talks in the Southwestern Syrian city.
“The negotiations were about the safe pullout of the militants from Zabadani in the Western countryside of Damascus in lieu of transfer of civilians from the towns of Kafarya and Fuaa in Idlib to Damascus countryside,” Abolqasem told FNA.
He reiterated that Ahrar al-Sham insisted that none of the militants of other terrorist groups fighting against the Damascus government, except Ahrar al-Sham, should be given a safe passage from Zabadani.
“Then the militants of Zabadani, who have appointed me as their spokesman in talks with the Syrian government to finalize the truce agreement, left the negotiations,” Abolqasem said.
Hours later, other Arabic-language media also said that the violation of the ceasefire in the countryside of Damascus and Idlib province had been orchestrated by the Turkish government.
The Ahrar al-Sham militant group has received orders from Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to violate the ceasefire between the government and the militants in the town of Zabadani in Damascus countryside and two Shiite towns of Fuaa and Kafraya in Idlib province, Al-Watan said.
Days later, the two sides agreed to cease fire once again. But the two-day-long truce ended with no tangible results on Saturday.
Then the Syrian army and Hezbollah forces started their operations to take control of al-Mazaya town in the Southern parts of Zabadani region after the third 48-hour-long ceasefire with the militants ended on Saturday and militants resumed fire.
Before the Syrian army-Hezbollah operation in Zabadani, the Ahrar al-Sham terrorist group resumed artillery fire on the two towns of Fuaa and Kafraya to declare resumption of war and end of the ceasefire.
The ceasefire was declared in Zabadani after the terrorists were surrounded by the Syrian army and resistance forces one and a half kilometers from the city center.