Addressing a congregation of worshippers in Tehran on Friday, Ayatollah Seddiqi pointed to the US-Israeli plot against Palestinians, and said, “This is a scandal and disgrace to the notorious president of the US and Israel.”
The US and Israeli regimes have taken the (Palestinian) people’s houses and properties and want to give them to Israelis, he said.
They have called it “the deal of the century”, the cleric said, adding that from its beginning, the plan has failed and led to a new movement and revolution by the Palestinians.
Last month, US President Donald Trump unveiled his long-delayed Middle East plan, a proposal Palestinian leaders called a “conspiracy” that “will not pass”.
Following Trump’s announcement, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said “a thousand no’s” to the plan.
The American plan has sparked widespread international condemnation.
The deal of century ploy, fronted by Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, had already been rejected by the Palestinians, who say the White House’s policies have been blatantly biased in favor of Israel.
Palestinians have cut off all contacts with the Trump administration since the US president broke with decades of bipartisan policy to recognize Jerusalem al-Quds as the capital of Israel in December 2017.
In June 2018, Ayatollah Khamenei reiterated the need for a referendum among “true Palestinians of all faiths,” being Muslims, Christians or Jews, adding that such a move would lead to the establishment of the Palestinian government.
The Leader said the referendum and the subsequent formation of such a governing system would eventually translate into the destruction of the “bogus regime” of Israel in the not-too-distant future.