Spokesman for the Yemeni Armed Forces Brigadier General Yahya Saree announced in a post on his Twitter page that Yemeni troops and their allies launched a domestically-developed Badr-1 ballistic missile at a gathering of Saudi-led military commanders and officers in the Sahn al-Jin military camp near Ma’rib city, and another at the Third Military Region early on Wednesday.
He said the missiles struck their designated targets with great precision, adding that a number of senior Saudi-led mercenaries were killed and wounded as a result.
Saree gave assurances that Yemeni armed forces take all necessary measures to protect ordinary people and civilian facilities whenever they launch a missile against Saudi-led coalition forces and their mercenaries.
On Tuesday evening, Saudi military aircraft carried out an airstrike against the Majzar district in Yemen’s Ma’rib province, but there were no immediate reports of casualties or material damage.
Saudi warplanes also pounded the Sirwah district in the same Yemeni province on more than two dozen occasions, though no reports about possible human and material losses were quickly available.
Earlier in the day, a civilian lost his life and three others sustained injuries when Saudi fighter jets bombarded Bani Makki area in the Abs district of the northern Yemeni province of Hajjah.
Furthermore, another source in Yemen’s Liaison and Coordination Officers Operations Room said that Saudi-led military coalition forces and their mercenaries had breached a ceasefire agreement for the western coastal province of Hudaydah 124 times in the previous 24 hours.
The source at the monitor said the violations included 15 reconnaissance flights over various districts, including Kilo 16 and al-Jabaliya neighborhoods, in addition to 13 counts of artillery shelling and 91 shooting incidents.