“The US administration’s Iran-bashing is limitless,” Takht Ravanchi wrote on his Twitter account on Thursday.
“While the world focusses on cooperation to defeat #COVID-19—and calls on the US to lift its #economicterrorism— @SecPompeo disregards this and instead spreads disinformation: this time against Iranian diplomats. No one is fooled,” he added.
Earlier, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi derided US president for ‘America First’ slogan, saying that Trump led the US to the plight of the people, adding that trillions of dollars which have been spent for intervention in the Middle East would have been spent for the US public health infrastructure in a way not to see the misery of medics wearing trash bag and COVID-19 patients in despair.
Due to putting Iranians’ health at risk through economic and medical terrorism, committing crimes against humanity and its weak performance in fighting coronavirus inside the United States, the American government has no place to comment on measures taken by Iran in fighting COVID19, he said.
While the US has the largest number of coronavirus patients and Americans are in a critical situation, the US diplomats’ comments on Iran’s measures in fighting coronavirus are false and misinformation campaign of the anti-Iran lobbies.
Over the last few years, the US Administration has acknowledged spending at least $9 trillion to interfere in the internal affairs of the Middle East countries and to create insecurity and instability.
From spending for promoting terrorist groups like ISIS to the shameful ‘Deal of the Century’ which was born dead, $2 trillion has been spent during Trump’s term.
The coronavirus COVID-19 is affecting approximately all countries and territories around the world. The virus was first reported in the central Chinese city of Wuhan late last year. It has so far killed more than 53,200 people and infected over 1,019,000 others globally.
As for Iran, the Iranian health ministry announced on Thursday that 2,875 new cases of infection to COVID-19 virus have been identified in the country, adding that 3,160 patients have died so far.
“According to definite diagnostic standards, a sum of 2,875 new cases of infection to COVID-19 virus have been identified in Iran during the past 24 hours, increasing the number of infections to 50, 468,” Health Ministry Spokesman Kianoush Jahanpour said.
He added that fortunately, 16,711 patients infected with COVID-19 virus have also recovered and been discharged from hospital.
Jahanpour said that 124 coronavirus patients have passed away during the past 24 hours, noting that the death toll has increased to 3,160 so far.
The Iranian foreign ministry declared that despite Washington’s claims of cooperation to transfer drugs to Iran via the new Swiss-launched payment mechanism, the US is troubling the process amid the coronavirus outbreak in the country.
Although US claims that medicines and medical equipment are not under sanctions, they have practically blocked the transfer of Iran’s financial resources in other countries into the Swiss Humanitarian Trade Arrangement (SHTA), Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyed Abbas Mousavi said.
As the death toll from the virus surges, Iran intensifies its preventive safety measures. Closures of schools and universities have been extended until early April.
The government also imposed travel restrictions, specially on Iran’s North, which is among the red zones. The country has also adopted strict digital health control procedures at airports to spot possible infections.
Health Minister Saeed Namaki announced earlier this month that a new national mobilization plan would be implemented across the country to fight against the coronavirus epidemic and more effectively treat patients.
Namaki said that the plan will include all the 17,000 health centers and the 9,000 medical and clinical centers in all cities, suburban areas and villages.
He added that the plan will include home quarantine, noting that infected people will receive the necessary medicines and advice, but they are asked to stay at home.
Namaki said that people with a more serious condition will stay at the hospitals, adding that the public places will be disinfected, the entries of infected towns and cities will be controlled to diagnose and quarantine the infected cases.
He added that the necessary equipment and facilities have been provided, expressing the hope that the epidemic would be curbed.
According to the latest statistics of Health Ministry, the number of medical laboratories to test coronavirus infection has reached 90 across the country.
The World Health Organization (WHO) says Iran’s response to the virus has so far been up to the mark. Still, it says the US sanctions are a big challenge, and Washington would be complicit in the rising death toll in Iran if it would not remove its sanctions.
The World Health Organization has considered priorities in combating coronavirus and Islamic Republic of Iran obeys and follows up priorities as defined by WHO.
The WHO is dispatching separate delegations to all countries.