IranMiddle East

Iran Repels Major Foreign Cyber Attack: Minister

Iranian Minister of Communication and Information Technology Mohammad Javad Azari Jahromi said the country has managed to foil a very big organized cyber attack on the electronic infrastructure.

“We (recently) faced a highly organized attack on the e-government infrastructure,” Azari Jahromi told reporters on the sidelines of a cabinet session in Tehran on Wednesday.

The major attack was repelled by the country’s security shield known as the Dejfa firewall, he added.

In a post on his Twitter account back in June, Azari Jahromi said the country had managed to thwart about 33 million cyber-attacks against its sensitive sites last year.

“Last year, we neutralized not a single strike but 33 million attacks with the Dejfa firewall,” he wrote, stressing that the US tries hard but has not carried out a successful attack.

Back in October, head of Iran’s Civil Defense Organization Brigadier General Gholam Reza Jalali said the country is taking legal action against the US over repeated cyber attack attempts and threats, while it is putting in place robust security measures to protect its vital infrastructure. 

“The Americans have repeatedly threatened and mounted cyber attacks against us,” he told Tasnim.

“The legal implications of such actions could naturally affect them and Iran is seriously following up the issue at its juridical and foreign ministry capacities,” he added.

Back to top button
Close