Minister of Intelligence has said the ministry agents have discovered and aborted terrorist acts earlier in September and October.
Mahmoud Alavi who was speaking in a press conference on Tuesday in Tehran provided a thorough report of the crackdown on terrorists; “the terrorist actions inside motivated the intelligence forces to embark on a serious campaign, with a High Committee on Takfirists, where I also attended, met in emergency, deciding on severe crackdown and operation to be started early October,” he told reporters. “All provincial offices received warnings to keep alert, bringing under surveillance any suspicious act; in the same time period, our agents identified and arrested 20 terrorists en route to Iraq and Syria in western borders. They had been acting in different provinces, kidnapping citizens and killing them and claiming their cars for sabotage operations,” Alavi told reporters.
The intelligence minister also added that in the eastern borders the situation had not been so tranquil; “terrorist networks had been destroyed in the east, with 10 terrorists having been arrested in Golestan, Mazandaran, Tehran, and Sistan and Baluchistan provinces; for example, in Ashoura of Imam Hussein (as) they shot and killed two citizens and wounded two others in Dezfoul, Khuzestan province; following the event, intelligence operations were launched which brought about arrest of 14 terrorists, 8 of which had been participating in Khuzestan-wide operations,” he detailed.
“The individuals behind shooting of Sousangerd governor and police stations in other towns were trapped during an operation in November 7. They had been receiving plans from a Persian Gulf reactionary country,” Alavi added.