“Syria has become the graveyard of dreams for enemies of Islam and foreign aggressors,” Salami said, addressing a ceremony to honor Iranian military advisors and Generals who were killed while helping the Syrian Army and popular forces in the campaign against terrorism.
He said the absence of Iranian military advisors on the anti-terror fronts outside national borders will jeopardise national-regional security.
Salami warned that the United States and Israel want to dominate the region, and they invaded Afghanistan and Iraq to this end.
Over the past month and in collaboration with Iranian military advisers and Russian air support, the Syrian army and popular forces have managed to liberate several key areas in and around Homs, Aleppo and Lattakia, the latest being liberation of the besieged towns of Nubl and al-Zahra.
Syrian armed forces last Wednesday broke a four-year siege imposed by foreign-backed militants on the towns of Nubl and al-Zahra with an estimated 30,000 Shiite population.
The Syrian army advanced against militants North of Aleppo, choking their supply lines from Turkey to the city.
- Syria: Militant Groups Pull Forces Back From More Lands in Lattakia
- Recent Syrian Military Gains Will Have Aleppo, Raqqa Won Outright
- Iran Playing ‘Chess’ With US by Moving Away From the Petrodollar
- Bahrain Refutes Media Reports of Plans for ‘Boots on the Ground’ in Syria
- All About Russia? Why Turkey, Saudi Arabia Consider Sending Troops to Syria
- Aleppo: Nubl, Al-Zahra after Victory of Syrian Army, Its Allies
- Syria: Drone Images from Nubl, Al-Zahra in Aleppo after Liberation
- Syrian Army Seizes Large Batch of Military Hardware in Militants’ Positions
- 11-Month of Saudi War Crimes Against Yemen
- Kremlin Strikes Back at Accusations of Syria Peace Talks Failure
- ISIL Aims to Create Chaos in Libya by ‘Disrupting’ Oil Activity
- Syrian Army, Allies in Nubl, Al-Zahra Towns in Aleppo Province
- Ex-Envoy: UK Business Hopes to Capitalize on Iran’s Economic Potential
- Syrian Army Advancing Toward Idlib City
- Syrian Army Guarding Mayer in Aleppo Province