IranNorth America

IRGC: US Fearful of War with Iran

The administration of US President Donald Trump does not dare to wage a war on Iran despite its recent deployment of an aircraft carrier and bombers in the Persian Gulf, a senior official of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) said on Friday.

“The American officials are suffering from some mess in their thoughts,” a Political Head of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Brigadier General Yadollah Javani said today.

He said Americans think they can intimidate the Iranian nation and force officials to sit for talks by combining military rhetoric with sanctions and economic pressures. But the Iranian nation well knows the scenario, and considers the US untrustworthy.

The aggressive rhetoric the US has adopted against Iran is just part of a mechanism that the American officials have devised in line with their sanctions to make them more practical, the top general added.

Commander of the Iranian Army Ground Force Brigadier General Kiomars Heidari said on Wednesday that the armed forces of the country are enjoying full readiness in face of any potential foreign threat, saying that, currently, no external danger is posed to the country.

“Iranian armed forces have managed to ensure a real deterrent military power against foreign threats, and they have shown this power to the enemies,” Brigadier General Heidari said.

The military chief noted that the armed forces are constantly monitoring the enemies’ movements and are ready to take action against anything or anyone who wants to endanger the lives of the nation or undermine the integrity of the country.

According to him, the Iranian military is now more powerful than ever, as the country has boosted the forces’ various subcategories and different Army divisions have undergone major structural changes overhauls.

On Tuesday, The Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) of Iran dismissed the recent remarks of the US Security Advisor John Bolton that Washington has sent an aircraft carrier and a bomber task force to the region to warn Tehran, describing the claim as a “gauche” attempt at psychological warfare.

SNSC Spokesman Keivan Khosravi spurned the remarks made by Bolton who “announced” the deployment of the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group and a bomber task force to the US Central Command region.

Bolton, who has spearheaded an increasingly hawkish US policy on Iran, said on Sunday that the deployment was a means of conveying a “clear message” to Tehran.

Citing surveillance information relayed by Iranian Armed Forces, Khosravi said the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier had already entered the Mediterranean 21 days ago.

“Bolton’s statement amounts to gauche recourse to an abortive development for psychological warfare (purposes),” the Iranian official noted.

“Bolton lacks understanding of military and security issues. His remarks are more intended to serve as braggadocio,” Khosravi added.

He cited the precedent of the US military’s sustained defeats in the face of regional crises, saying, “It is unlikely that the US military’s commanders and main components would be inclined towards testing the Iranian Armed Forces’ proven capabilities.”

Bolton had said that the deployment was an alleged response “to a number of troubling and escalatory indications and warnings.”

Last month, the United States designated the IRGC as a “foreign terrorist organization”, marking the first time Washington has formally labelled another country’s military a “terrorist group”.

Responding to Washington’s move, Iran immediately declared the US as “state sponsor of terrorism” and American forces in the region “terrorist groups”.

Iran’s top security body, the SNSC, in a statement issued on April 08 evening declared the United States a “terrorist government”, and blacklisted the “CENTCOM and all its affiliates a terrorist group”.

The SNSC – that is headed by President Hassan Rouhani – condemned Washington’s move, calling it “an illegal and dangerous action” that poses a “major threat to regional and international peace and security and grossly violates the rules of international law”.

The statement further condemned the US decision as “unlawful and unreasonable action” prompted by the Islamic Republic’s regional influence and success in fighting against terrorists, and blamed CENTCOM for harming Iran’s national security as well as ruining the lives of “innocent Iranian and non-Iranian individuals” to promote the US “aggressive policies” in West Asia (the Middle-East).

“The Islamic Republic of Iran regards this baseless move as a major threat to regional and international peace and security and a blatant violation of the compelling rules of international law and the United Nations Charter,” Iran’s top security body reiterated.

Back to top button
Close