Saudi ArabiaMiddle EastYemen

Killer Saudi regime’s artillery fire kills 4 in Yemeni border area

The Saudi Arabian military has killed four Yemenis and injured as many others in a cross-border attack, targeting Yemen’s northwestern province of Sa’ada.

The fatalities were caused on Saturday after the Saudi forces targeted Sa’ada’s al-Raqu area with artillery fire, local sources reported.

The victims have all been described as unarmed civilians.

Elsewhere across the province, Saudi Arabia carried out as many as 11 airstrikes against the al-Dhaher and Kitaf wa al-Boqe’e Districts.

According to Sa’adah’s criminal investigation burea, Saudi-led attacks have claimed a total of 283 people and injured 1,200 others in Sa’ada’s border areas over the past year.

Separately, Saudi warplanes staged 19 airstrikes against the south-central province of Shabwah.

In the neighboring province of Ma’rib, where the Yemeni defense forces have been making considerable advances against Saudi-led aggressors, locals said Saudi jets had waged a total of 12 aerial attacks against the cities of al-Wadi, Sirwah, and al-Jubah.

Leading several of its allies, the kingdom launched a war against the Arab world’s already poorest nation in March 2015. The war has been seeking to restore power in Yemen to the country’s former Riyadh-allied officials.

Last month, a United Nations Development Programme report said the war would have claimed 377,000 lives by the end of 2021 through both direct and indirect impacts.

Back to top button