The ‘Preemptive Action against the US Threats’ fraction at the Iranian parliament issued a statement on the occasion of the US Human Rights [Violations] Week on Tuesday.
“The failed assassination of the Supreme Leader, the martyrdom of Ayatollah Beheshti and 72 of his companions, the martyrdom of Ayatollah Sadouqi, the Friday prayers leader of Yazd, the chemical bombing of Sardasht and the targeting of a passenger plane in the Persian Gulf present a list of horrific crimes committed against the Iranian nation from 6 to 12 July by the US which claims to be the defender of human rights, but is actually an organized machine for advanced massacre and genocide against humanity,” the statement said.
“The scars of the horrific crimes committed in the US Human Rights [Violations] Week have not yet healed after decades and will not be erased from the minds of the Iranian people,” it added.
The statement said that the US economic sanctions are another type of such crimes against humanity that have been committed in recent years with the aim of bringing the Islamic Republic of Iran to its knees, but failed with the resistance of the brave Iranian nation.
In relevant remarks earlier this week, Deputy Head of Iranian Human Rights Headquarters Majid Tafreshi announced that the US crimes against humanity on the international scene must not be left unpunished, and reiterated that the American government must be held accountable for its criminal acts.
Tafreshi condemned the instrumental use of the human rights issue by the Americans and the US resorting to terrorist acts against other nations.
He stressed that the US terrorist violation of Human Rights is not limited to the Iranian borders, as Afghanistan has also been suffering from the US criminal acts that have led to the International Court of Justice preliminary investigations.
Tafreshi said that in the winter of 2019 the International Court of Justice at the Hague issued a decree according to which its prosecutor can investigate the claims made about the war crimes probably committed by the American forces in Afghanistan.
The decree in question faced the negative reaction of the then US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo who called it “irresponsible and amazing”, and said the US feels no obligation for accepting the decree issued by the “so-called” International Court of Justice. But Judge Pioter Homovski, the head of the criminal branch of the International Court of Justice voted that the investigation decree issued at the Hague is quite authentic and applicable.
The deputy head of Iranian Human Rights Headquarters said that Pompeo’s calling that decree amazing and warding off responsivity from the United States was followed by America’s sponsoring of an Afghanistan peace conference to pretend that the situation is quite normal and no crimes had been committed.
Tafreshi said that the US efforts to go unpunished in that respect was contrary to the comments made by Amnesty International’s Solomon Sako on the new decree by the International Court of Justice and the adopted decision to defend the rights of the victims of the war crimes who described it as a historical moment for the human society and safeguarding the human rights.
“Today 13,000 US soldiers are escaping from Afghanistan fearing the decree issued by the International Court of Justice become operational,” he added.
Tafreshi pointed out that the US is not a member of that court, and said that this is so because it fears that its soldiers would be brought to justice around the globe for their anti-human rights behaviors.
He said that during the past 18 years more than 32,000 civilians have been massacred in Afghanistan, which reveals the true picture of American-style human rights.