At least 250 Saudi-backed militants, including ringleaders, were killed and injured by Yemen’s army and fighters from popular committees in the border region of Jizan in a period of one month beginning on January 1, a report said.
At least 100 mercenaries and 7 officers were killed by Yemeni troops in retaliatory attacks in al-Nar Mount area in Jizan in January, a military source told Saba news agency.
The source added that the attacks also left 155 militants wounded.
The report further said that Yemeni troops also destroyed at least 19 military vehicles belonging to the militants.
The attacks against the Saudi-led forces came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the coalition led by the Riyadh regime.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured until then. The war and the accompanying blockade have also caused famine across Yemen.