“The main culprits have been arrested,” Falahatpisheh said.
He also informed that the explosives used in the terrorist attack in Chabahar port city might have been smuggled into Iran via the sea.
The December 6 terrorist attack in Chabahar in Sistan and Balouchestan province killed at least 2 and wounded tens of others.
Iranian Interior Minister Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli announced last Wednesday that the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) had found clues about the terrorists behind the December 6 suicide attack in Chabahar.
“The IRGC is responsible for the security of this region (Chabahar) and it has traced the culprits behind the incident with serious efforts and these elements will be confronted,” Rahmani Fazli told reporters on the sidelines of a cabinet meeting in Tehran.
In relevant remarks last Sunday, Iranian Police Chief Brigadier General Hossein Ashtari stated that ten terrorists linked to the Thursday terrorist attack in Chabahar were arrested so far.
Ansar al-Forqan terrorist group has reportedly claimed responsibility for the suicide blast near a police station.
Head of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Public Relations Department and Spokesman General Ramezan Sharif warned supporters of the terrorist group responsible for the Thursday attack in Chabahar city of the IRGC’s crushing response.
“Most terrorist grouplets are linked to foreign security services of countries like Saudi Arabia and they always attempt to foment insecurity at our bordering areas,” General Sharif said on Thursday.
In June 2017, the IRGC Ground Force killed the ringleader of Ansar al-Forqan terrorist group, Jalil Qanbar Zehi, in clashes in the heights of Qasr-e Qand region, Southeastern Iran.
IRGC’s public relations office announced in a statement at the time that the IRGC Ground Force destroyed a Takfiri terrorist team in Qasr-e Qand in the Southeastern province of Sistan and Balouchestan.
Several terrorists were killed and wounded in clashes with the IRGC forces in Qasr-e Qand region, including the ringleader of Ansar al-Forqan, it added.
The statement said that after being tipped off about the presence of a Takfiri terrorist group in Qasr-e Qand region, several units of IRGC ground troops were dispatched to the scene and attacked the terrorists.