Syrian army has urged citizens in the newly-recaptured city of al-Qusayr to return to their home, saying the battle will continue to crush all foreign-backed militants across the country.
“We ensure Qusayr is safe now,” the Syrian military announced on Wednesday, stressing that the victory in Qusayr is a clear message to the enemies of the country, particularly the Israeli regime.
Earlier on Wednesday, Syria’s state television reported that “our heroic armed forces have returned security and stability to all of the town of Qusayr.”
According to the reports, Syrian military forces have dismantled the terrorist network of the militants in the strategic area, which borders Lebanon.
Syrian troops backed by Hezbollah fighters entered Qusayr from several directions on May 19 after weeks of clashes with militants.
Qusayr has been an important center and supply route for the foreign-sponsored militants fighting against the Damascus government.
Syrian army also reported that it has obtained documents confirming the role of Arab and non-Arab countries in the Syria crisis.
Syria has been gripped by a deadly unrest since March 2011, and many people, including large numbers of government forces, have been killed in the violence.
Damascus says the chaos in the country is being orchestrated from outside, and that the militants are supported by the West and its regional allies including Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey.
Several international human rights organizations have said that the militants are committing war crimes.