Tens of Ahrar Al-Sham Terrorists Killed in Suicide Attack in Idlib


Local sources reported that simultaneous with intensifying clashes among rival terrorist groups in Northwestern Syria tens of Ahrar al-Sham militants, including a field commander, were killed in a suicide attack on one of their command posts in Idlib.

The sources said that tens of terrorists were killed in a suicide attack on Ahrar al-Sham’s command post in Tal (hill) al-Touqan region in Eastern Idlib near Abu al-Dhuhour airport that is under Ahrar’s control.

The sources added that Mahrous Abu Ahmad, who was in charge of appointing Ahrar al-Sham’s commanders, was among the killed terrorists in the attack.

In the meantime, websites affiliated to terrorist groups reported that almost 200 militants were present in and outside the command post of Ahrar al-Sham during the suicide attack.

The sources said that one of the raiders detonated himself inside Ahrar al-Sham’s command post, while another one reached outside the command post on his bomb-laden motorbike and detonated it.

Head of the Judiciary Board of Ahrar al-Sham Ahmad Mohammad Najib accused ISIL of carrying out the attack, saying 25 fighters of the group were killed and several more wounded in the attack.

In relevant developments in the province on Thursday, the unknown assailants’ attack against the positions of Tahrir al-Sham Hay’at (the Levant Liberation Board) in Idlib extended the range of clashes among the terrorist groups in the region.

Dissident media activists reported that after heavy clashes between Ahrar al-Sham and ‘Fastaqem Kama Omert’ militants in Idlib, infighting erupted between unknown assailants and members of Tahrir al-Sham Hay’at in the Eastern town of Sanjar, adding that the former won control of several positions of Tahrir al-Sham temporarily.

Meantime, some members of Tahrir al-Sham said that the attack was launched by Jeish al-Fatehin militants – affiliated to Ahrar al-Sham – at the order of the group’s commander Hessam Salamah.

Tahrir al-Sham members were put on the alert against Jeish al-Fatehin for several hours after the attack.

Back to top button