Israeli forces have razed to the ground homes belonging to Palestinians in the East al-Quds (Jerusalem) after Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered the intensification of attacks against Palestinians.
Israeli troops demolished two houses belonging to Ghassan Abu Jamal and Mohammed Jaabis in the Jabel Mukaber district of East al-Quds in the early hours of Tuesday. The two Palestinians had been killed by Israeli forces in November 2014.
The pre-dawn demolitions gutted the houses. Some neighboring structures were also damaged.
Israeli forces condoned off a third home in the Silwan neighborhood of East al-Quds and filled a room with concrete.
The demolitions came after Netanyahu instructed his cabinet ministers to speed up the demolition of Palestinian homes. Netanyahu also called for the deployment of more troops in East al-Quds and ordered harsh crackdown on Palestinians active on social media.
He further called for heavier fines against the parents of minors throwing stones and Molotov cocktails at Israeli forces.
Also on Tuesday, Israeli forces attacked Palestinian demonstrators protesting Tel Aviv’s wave of aggression across the occupied West Bank.
Clashes reportedly erupted near the city of Nablus after Israeli forces stormed several houses there and arrested a number of Palestinians. The Tel Aviv regime forces also stormed villages on the outskirts of the city of Jenin.
The Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) says nearly 500 Palestinians have sustained injuries during clashes with Israeli soldiers and settlers across the occupied Palestinian territories since Saturday.
The al-Bireh-based humanitarian organization said at least 180 Palestinians were shot by live rounds or rubber-coated steel bullets. Others were physically assaulted or exposed to excessive tear gas inhalation.
There have been increasing clashes between Israelis and Palestinians over Israeli settlers’ storming of the al-Aqsa Mosque.
Israel has imposed sweeping restrictions on entries into al-Aqsa Mosque compound since August 26.
Tel Aviv has also threatened to launch new military operations against Palestinians following the deaths of two Israelis over the weekend in al-Quds.