The Saudi-led coalition waging war on Yemen since 2015 said it had intercepted a ballistic missile fired by the Houthis towards Riyadh, the Saudi capital, Tuesday.
A Reuters witness in Riyadh heard two loud blasts and saw billows of smoke in the sky over the city close to dawn.
The report said the Houthi’s military spokesman would make an announcement in the next few hours.
The Saudi-led coalition invaded Yemen in 2015. Since then, over 100,000 people have been killed, according to the US-based Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED).