At least 159 Syrian civilians have been killed in airstrikes across Syria by the so-called US-led coalition purporting to fight Takfiri ISIL terrorists in the Arab country.
The so-called Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said in a report on civilian deaths on Saturday that the the US strikes have killed this number of civilians since launching action against the ISIL militants in September 2014.
The UK-based group added that the fatalities have happened in the Syrian provinces of al- Hasakah, Deir Ezzor, al- Raqqa, Aleppo and Idlib.
The report said in one air raid on the village of Dali Hasan in the northeastern part of Aleppo, seven family members were killed.
In a series of attacks by the US-led coalition on the village of Birmahli in Aleppo, at least 64 people were killed in a single night.
The London-based group noted that the death toll included 31 children (16 boys and 15 girls) under 16, 19 women above 18, 13 men above 18, and an 18-year-old young man.
Since September 2014, some members of the US-led coalition have been pounding purported ISIL positions inside Syria without any authorization from Damascus or a UN mandate.
Syria has been beset with a deadly crisis for over four years. Western powers and some of their regional allies – especially Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey – are financially and logistically backing the militants. In excess of 222,000 people have been killed in the conflict so far, according to the observatory.
The United Nations says that more that 7.2 million Syrian people have been also internally displaced, and more than three million have been forced to flee the crisis in the Middle Eastern country.