Some 418 mercenaries of a coalition of Saudi Arabia and some Arab states have been killed and 322 others wounded in the past three days, according to a Yemeni military source.
The military source told the Yemeni official news agency Saba Monday night that the aggressors were killed or wounded in the western coasts of Yemen over the past three days with many of the wounded being in critical conditions.
The source said the figures were obtained from enemy’s statements and statistics released by the Aden and Al-Mokha hospitals.
So far, the source said, 184 bodies and 120 wounded many of them in critical conditions have been transported from Al-Mokha hospital to Aden.
Saba news agency also reported that 70 persons engaged in the military aggression on Yemen were killed and 41 others wounded on Thursday of whom 53 bodies and 15 wounded were sent to Aden.
Saba also quoted an informed source as saying that units of the Yemeni army and popular committees killed 11 mercenaries and wounded nine others in a battlefront while 12 other mercenaries died in a mine blast at Khalid camp.
The military source said the aggressors have left behind many of the dead bodies and wounded people in the battlefield.
The coalition troops and their mercenaries have launched a full scale attack over the past few days in a bid to occupy Al-Hudaydah port but met with firm resistance of the Yemeni army and popular committees, thus suffering a heavy set-back.
In March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies including the United Arab Emirates launched an aggression on Yemen in a bid to return to power deposed Yemeni president Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi. Riyadh and its allies have made no military achievements through their aggression.
Some 14,000 Yemeni civilians including women and children have lost their lives as a result of the Saudi-led coalition aggression against Yemen.