The Iranian president said in a cabinet session on Sunday that the three ministers, tasked with following up the case, had delivered their report to the cabinet earlier in the day.
Rouhani on Thursday tasked the ministries of the interior, intelligence, and justice with launching an investigation into the sensitive case after he was briefed about the attacks against young women in Isfahan.
President Rouhani also reassured the Iranian nation that his administration would leave no stone unturned in examining all aspects of the “inhumane” and “hideous” acts.
“The issue was an inhumane event, incompatible with any principles, and is the most heinous act that an evil person can commit in the society,” the president added.
Rouhani said the recent events in the central city of Isfahan were attempts to harm the country’s “national security and the administration will exert every effort for the establishment of security in the society.”
He added that his administration would do whatever it can to provide support for the victims of the attacks.
“No clemency” will be granted to the attacker or attackers and they will be given the maximum penalty, he further noted.
The president also warned against making “baseless accusations” against any particular person or group before the real culprits are arrested.
Reports of a spate of acid attacks against women in Isfahan have triggered grave concerns among the Iranian public and led to widespread speculations in the press and social media.
On October 20, Iranian Judiciary spokesman, Gholam-Hossein Mohseni Eje’i, pledged serious and prompt action against the attacks.