Spokesman for the Yemeni Armed Forces Brigadier General Yahya Saree announced in a post on his Twitter page that Yemeni troops and their allies launched a domestically-developed Badr-1 ballistic missile at a gathering of Saudi-led military commanders and officers in the Sahn al-Jin military camp near Ma’rib city, and another at the Third Military Region early on Wednesday.
He said the missiles struck their designated targets with great precision, adding that a number of senior Saudi-led mercenaries were killed and wounded as a result.
Saree gave assurances that Yemeni armed forces take all necessary measures to protect ordinary people and civilian facilities whenever they launch a missile against Saudi-led coalition forces and their mercenaries.
On Tuesday evening, Saudi military aircraft carried out an airstrike against the Majzar district in Yemen’s Ma’rib province, but there were no immediate reports of casualties or material damage.
Saudi warplanes also pounded the Sirwah district in the same Yemeni province on more than two dozen occasions, though no reports about possible human and material losses were quickly available.
Earlier in the day, a civilian lost his life and three others sustained injuries when Saudi fighter jets bombarded Bani Makki area in the Abs district of the northern Yemeni province of Hajjah.
Saudi-led forces violate Hudaydah truce 124 times in 24 hours
Additionally, an unnamed source in Yemen’s Liaison and Coordination Officers Operations Room said forces of the Saudi-led military coalition and their mercenaries had violated 124 times during the past 24 hours a ceasefire agreement between the warring sides for the western coastal province of Hudaydah.
The source at the monitor said the violations included 15 reconnaissance flights over various districts, including Kilo 16 and al-Jabaliya neighborhoods, in addition to 13 counts of artillery shelling and 91 shooting incidents.
Delegates from the Ansarullah movement and representatives loyal to former Yemeni president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi attended the peace negotiations in Rimbo on the outskirts of Stockholm in December 2018. The talks resulted in the announcement of a breakthrough agreement.
The document included three provisions: a ceasefire along the Hudaydah front and the redeployment of armed forces out of the city and its port; an agreement on prisoner exchange; and a statement of understanding on the southern Yemeni city of Ta’izz.
Saudi Arabia, backed by the US and regional allies, launched a devastating war on Yemen in March 2015, with the goal of bringing Hadi’s government back to power and crushing Ansarullah.
Yemeni armed forces and allied Popular Committees have, however, gone from strength to strength against the Saudi-led invaders, and left Riyadh and its allies bogged down in the country.
The Saudi-led military aggression has left hundreds of thousands of Yemenis dead, and displaced millions more. The Saudi war has also destroyed Yemen’s infrastructure and spread famine and infectious diseases across the country.