YemenMiddle EastSaudi Arabia

Dozens of UAE-backed mercenaries, Daesh terrorists dead in Yemeni missile strike on Shabwah

Dozens of Daesh Takfiri terrorists sponsored by the United Arab Emirates have been killed when Yemeni forces and fighters from allied Popular Committees launched an counteroffensive against their position in Yemen’s southern province of Shabwah.

Spokesman for the Yemeni Armed Forces, Brigadier General Yahya Saree, stated that Yemeni missile defense units launched a ballistic missile at a gathering of the Takfiri terrorists in the Usaylan district on Saturday morning.

He added that the missile hit the designated target with great precision, leaving dozens of UAE-paid militiamen and Daesh terrorists killed and many others injured. 

A number of high-ranking commanders were among the slain militants. Several military vehicles belonging to the UAE mercenaries and the Daesh terrorists were destroyed in the Yemeni missile strike as well, Saree noted.

Ambassador: UAE cannot continue its aggression against Yemen

The Yemeni ambassador to Iran says the UAE cannot maintain a military campaign against his country, and resorts to deception instead to mislead the world public opinion.

“The Saudi-led coalition of coalition dreamed of scoring territorial gains. That is why the UAE dispatched its mercenaries from the western province of Hudaydah to Shabwah,” Ibrahim Mohammad al-Dulaimi told Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television network.

Even though the recent Yemeni retaliatory missile and drone strikes caused massive destruction in the UAE, Abu Dhabi is seeking to conceal the extent of damage and employing the policy of decision for that purpose, Dulaimi highlighted.

“We are fully prepared to keep up with our retaliatory strikes against targets deep inside member states of the Saudi-led coalition, including the UAE. Neither real mediations nor fair initiatives have been presented so far. The UAE suffered painful humiliation in the wake of the Yemeni attacks,” he pointed out.

“Members of the Saudi-led coalition of aggression will continue to sustain stinging blows unless they withdraw their forces and allied militants from occupied territories, release all our prisoners, abolish the ongoing cruel siege and pay indemnities,” Dulaimi said.

On Friday, the Saudi-led coalition carried out a new wave of airstrikes on Yemen, targeting various areas across the country.

Yemeni media outlets reported that the air raids targeted several provinces more than 30 times, leaving several Yemenis killed and injured.

Riyadh regime and its allies have stepped up their air raids on Yemen in recent weeks, taking scores of civilian lives.

That follows increased retaliatory attacks by the Yemeni army and allied fighter from the Popular Committees. They have hit targets on Saudi and the UAE soil, and tightened grip on their mercenaries fighting inside Yemen.

Saudi Arabia, backed by the United States and regional allies, launched the war on Yemen in March 2015, with the goal of bringing the government of former Yemeni president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi back to power and crushing the popular Ansarullah resistance movement.

The war has left hundreds of thousands of Yemenis dead and displaced millions more. It has also destroyed Yemen’s infrastructure and spread famine and infectious diseases there.

Despite heavily-armed Saudi Arabia’s incessant bombardment of the impoverished country, the Yemeni armed forces have gradually grown stronger, leaving Riyadh and its allies, most notably the UAE, bogged down in the country.

Back to top button