The Arabic-language website of Sputnik reported that a sum of 300 Syrian families with the total number of almost 1,500 left Idlib towards regions that are under the army’s control via Abu al-Dhohour corridor in Southeastern Idlib.
It further said that the corridor will be open for five days, adding that thousands of civilians that had left their regions in the depth of Idlib province to escape through the corridor were forced to return to their villages and towns as the terrorist groups are preventing their exit.
The report went on to say that the people that managed to leave Idlib said Tahrir al-Sham terrorists are arresting men, specially the youth, to prevent their escape and to force them to join the fight against the army.
On Monday, Tahrir al-Sham Hay’at terrorists blocked exit of the civilian population from Southeastern Idlib via a humanitarian corridor set up by the Syrian Army.
Tahrir al-Sham blocked men, specially the youth, at the gates to Abu al-Dhohour corridor in an apparent move to use the civilian population as a shield against an impending major assault by the Syrian army.
Tahrir al-Sham also seized vehicles of the residents to prevent their possible riding escape to government-controlled regions.
People in Idlib had been calling on the army to set up a safe corridor for them to leave the terrorist-held regions.
The Syrian and Russian force managed to open Abu al-Dhohour passageway on Monday to ease evacuation of the people.