A Palestinian man, who had been wounded after being shot by Israeli forces in the besieged Gaza Strip last week, has succumbed to his injuries, the Gaza Health Ministry says.
The ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra said on Monday that Yusef al-Buhel died days after being shot east of the Maghazi refugee camp in central Gaza.
The 48-year-old Palestinian was among 40 others wounded in clashes with Israeli forces on Friday at several areas along the border fence of the Gaza Strip, which has been under an Israeli blockade since 2007.
According to an Israeli army spokesperson, hundreds of Palestinians had gathered at border locations prior to the clashes.
Two Palestinians were also shot dead on Sunday in the village of Huwarra south of the city of Nablus in the occupied West Bank after allegedly attempting to carry out stabbing attacks against Israeli forces.
A wave of clashes between Palestinians and Israelis, which broke out during the beginning of October, has claimed the lives of some 140 Palestinians.
The latest wave of tensions in the occupied Palestinian territories has been triggered by the Israeli regime’s imposition in August of restrictions on the entry of Palestinian worshipers into the al-Aqsa Mosque in East al-Quds.
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs has voiced concerns over the excessive use of force and “extrajudicial killing” of Palestinians by Israeli forces, saying that the circumstances surrounding several of the Palestinian deaths over the past weeks remain disputed.