Saudi warplanes have launched seven airstrikes against the Sana’a International airport and al-Dailami air base in Yemen’s capital city as the regime pushes ahead with its aggression against its neighbor.
Saudi sources said their airstrike on Wednesday night targeted a drone hanger at the Sana’a airport.
Saudi Arabia had attacked Sana’a airport last November, damaging its ground navigation tower and parts of its runway.
The attack came after Riyadh announced that it was tightening the siege on Yemen’s air, sea, and land borders, after Yemeni forces, backed by Houthi Ansarullah fighters, launched a missile, a Borkan H2 long-range missile, at King Khalid International Airport in northeastern Riyadh.
Earlier on Wednesday, the Yemeni army’s remote control drones carried out an airstrike on the Abha International Airport in Saudi Arabia’s southwestern Asir region, causing the airport to cancel its flights.
Yemeni drones also attacked an Aramco facility in the nearby Jizan region.
Yemeni forces regularly target positions inside Saudi Arabia in retaliatory attacks against the Riyadh-led military operation.
The Saudi aggression against Yemen was launched in March 2015 in support of Yemen’s former Riyadh-friendly government and against the country’s Houthi Ansarullah movement, which has been running state affairs in the absence of an effective administration.
The offensive has, however, achieved neither of its goals despite the spending of billions of petrodollars and the enlisting of Saudi Arabia’s regional and Western allies.
The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the Saudi-led war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured during the past three years.
The United Nations says a record 22.2 million people are in need of food aid, including 8.4 million threatened by severe hunger. A high-ranking UN aid official recently warned against the “catastrophic” living conditions in Yemen, stating that there was a growing risk of famine and cholera there.