IranMiddle EastPalestine

Supreme Leader Reassures: Occupied Territories to Return to Palestinians

Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei, in a Wednesday meeting with ambassadors of the Islamic countries and Iranian government officials on the occasion of Eid al-Fitr, underlined that Palestinians will reclaim their motherland in the very near future.

Ayatollah Khamenei said that relying upon the assistance of the Almighty God, Palestine will definitely be returned to its nation in the very near future.

He pointed to the message of Eid al-Fitr and said, “Establishing unity and amity among Muslim countries and returning to the concept of ‘Islamic Ummah’ is the salient message of this auspicious feast.”

In this meeting, the Leader also referred to the plots waged by enemies against Islamic countries and said, “Instead of standing against one another, Islamic countries should unite against criminal acts of the Israeli regime in Palestine.”

Leaders of some Islamic countries are trying to reach a compromise with the Zionist regime and sow seeds of discord among other Muslim nations, he warned, and called on all Islamic states to make their utmost efforts to foil conspiracies orchestrated by enemies.

Earlier on the day, addressing worshipers in Tehran, Ayatollah Khamenei reassured that the so-called “Deal of the Century” plot of the US against Palestine will never materialize.

Ayatollah Khamenei, delivering a sermon at Imam Khomeini’s Mosalla in Tehran this morning after leading Eid al-Fitr’s prayers there, underlined that the upcoming US-devised deal, known as the “Deal of the Century”, on the Palestine issue is doomed to fail and will “never materialize.”

The Leader further rejected US President Donald Trump’s yet-to-be-unveiled deal on the decades-long Israeli-Palestinian conflict as “a betrayal of the Muslim world.” 

Ayatollah Khamenei further denounced the Bahraini regime for agreeing to host a conference, where Washington is set to unveil parts of the plan later this month.

All Palestinian groups — along with the United Nations and several other countries — have boycotted the event.

“The objective of this conference is to materialize America’s wrongful, treacherous and evil scheme for Palestinians — which they (Americans) have called ‘the deal of the century.’ However, this will not happen, and this plot will never get off the ground, by divine grace,” the leader said.

Ayatollah Khamenei described the Palestinian cause against Israeli occupation as the “number one issue” on the agenda of the Islamic world, thanking those who have voiced opposition to the so-called “peace” deal and the relevant event in Bahrain.

“The treachery of some Muslim states such as Saudi Arabia and Bahrain set the stage for such an evil plot,” Ayatollah Khamenei said. “I wish Bahraini and Saudi rulers would (eventually) realize what a quagmire they are stepping in and what damages this will do to their future.”

The economic portion of the so-called deal of the century is set to be unveiled during a conference in Manama, Bahrain, on June 25-26. All Palestinian factions have boycotted the event, accusing Washington of offering financial rewards for accepting the Israeli occupation.

In a recent speech broadcast on Palestine TV recently, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas rejected both the “Deal of the Century” and the Trump administration’s upcoming economic summit for the Palestinians in Bahrain, noting that Palestinian officials will boycott the summit in Bahrain.

US President Donald Trump acknowledged that his Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s doubts about his so-called “Deal of the Century” “may be right”.

In a closed-door meeting with Jewish leaders, Pompeo conceded that the plan might be rejected, according to an audio recording of the private meeting obtained by The Washington Post.

According to the audio recording of the private meeting between Pompeo and Israelis, the US top diplomat is heard suggesting that the plan is “unexecutable” and it might not “gain traction”.

“It may be rejected. Could be in the end, folks will say, ‘It’s not particularly original, it doesn’t particularly work for me’, that is, ‘It’s got two good things and nine bad things, I’m out’,” the former CIA chief stated, adding, “The big question is can we get enough space that we can have a real conversation about how to build this out.”

The unveiling of the plan has been repeatedly delayed, a point Pompeo stressed.

“This has taken us longer to roll out our plan than I had originally thought it might — to put it lightly,” he stated at a meeting on Tuesday of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, a group that addresses concerns of the Jewish community.

The secretary of state said that there are “no guarantees that we’re the ones that unlock it”, referring to the frozen conflict between Israel and Palestine. He added, “I hope everyone will engage in a serious way.”

He also revealed that the administration never believed achieving a lasting peace agreement would be easy.

Pompeo also recognized the popular notion that the agreement will be one-sided in favor of Israel.

“I get why people think this is going to be a deal that only the Israelis could love,” he stated, noting, “I understand the perception of that. I hope everyone will just give the space to listen and let it settle in a little bit.”

US president’s son-in-law and White House senior advisor Jared Kushner has noted that the deal would be unveiled at the conclusion of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, when Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has formed a new administration in the wake of reelection. The timeline could change as the Israeli parliament (Knesset) voted to dissolve last week, forcing the premier to runs for the post in a second election this year.

Back to top button
Close