Terrorists Continue Surrendering to Syrian Army in Aleppo City



One hundred more terrorists laid down arms and turned themselves in to the Syrian Army after they were left alone by a large number of their comrades who surrendered the Old Aleppo quarter to the government troops and left Eastern Aleppo last night.

A 100-member group of militants from the Jeish al-Fatah coalition gave up fight and surrendered themselves to the army on Wednesday in areas South of the Old Aleppo quarter in Southeastern Aleppo.

The number of militants trying to apply for government amnesty is on the rise, while only a rapidly shrinking 10 sq/km area has remained under their control in the Eastern neighborhoods.

Rifts are widening among Syrian and non-Syrian militants as Damascus has vowed to grant amnesty to Syrian fighters.
Non-Syrian terrorists want to continue battle against government forces, while others want to negotiate with the army for their final evacuation from the city.

On Tuesday night, hundreds of Jeish al-Fatah terrorists left Aleppo on Green Buses after they laid down arms and surrendered to the army and popular forces.

Militants removed barricades at Bab Al-Hadid Square (the Iron Gate) in Southeastern Aleppo and allowed civilians to evacuate the war zone. The militants then laid down arms and surrendered to the government forces.

Reports from Eastern Aleppo late Tuesday night said the militants left the city on Green Buses under the tight military inspection of the army.

Media sources had disclosed that a large number of militants had been engaged in secret negotiations with government officials in Aleppo to surrender themselves and leave the city.

Bab Al-Hadid Square is a few hundred yards North-East of Aleppo Citadel.

Midnight reports from the city said the army had advanced into the Old Aleppo region and entered the Great Mosque, where Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said at the start of the war in Syria “we would soon perform prayers”.

Back to top button